Model from Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
|Games||Scarlet and Violet|
Miriam (Japanese: ミモザ Mimosa) is a character in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet. She serves as the school nurse of Naranja AcademyS/Uva AcademyV.
In the core series games
Miriam originally worked for a Pokémon Center before joining the academy. She is a friend and former coworker of Model Naiara. Miriam became the academy's nurse after failing to qualify as a health instructor. When the player embarks on their Treasure Hunt, she gradually becomes inspired to attempt the certification test again, and is successful, guaranteeing herself a teacher's job for the next school year. Miriam later participates in the Academy Ace Tournament.
Miriam and Dendra seem to have a platonic relationship with each other, stating that Dendra would always come visiting the Nurse's Office for an injury or whatnot.
Academy Ace Tournament
Miriam will Terastallize her Toxapex at the first opportunity.
- Main article: Miriam/Quotes
In the TCG
- Main article: Miriam (Scarlet & Violet 179)
Miriam was introduced as a Supporter card in the Pokémon Trading Card Game during the English Scarlet & Violet Series (the Japanese Scarlet & Violet Era). It was first released in the Japanese Violet ex expansion and the English Scarlet & Violet expansion, with artwork by Sanosuke Sakuma. A Full Art version with artwork by the same illustrator, and a special illustration rare version of the card with artwork by Akira Komayama were released in the same sets. It allows the player to shuffle up to five Pokémon from their discard pile back into their deck, and then draw three cards.
- All of Miriam's Pokémon refer to specific types of medicine and healing: Hypno refers to hypnotherapy and sleeping well, Pincurchin represents acupuncture and possibly shock therapy, Sawsbuck represents aromatherapy and medicinal herbs, Glalie refers to cryotherapy and possibly a cold compress such as an ice pack, Eelektross most likely refers to either a defibrilator or leeching, and Toxapex references acupuncture once again, as well as the use of venom in medicine.
- Hypno's Ultra Moon Pokédex entry mentions how the Pokémon is sometimes used in hospitals to assist doctors with patients that are unable to sleep at night, relating to Miriam's profession in the medical field as a nurse.
- With Sawsbuck's possible relation to the idea of aromatherapy, there is a move by the same name, Aromatherapy, which cures the user, all Pokémon in the party, and all allies of any status conditions, relating back to the medical theme of Miriam's party. Coincidentally, prior to Generation IX, this move could be learned by Sawsbuck.
|Japanese||ミモザ Mimosa||From mimosa|
|English, Brazilian Portuguese||Miriam||Similar to her Japanese name|
|German, Indonesian||Mimi||Similar to her Japanese name|
|Spanish||Mimí||Similar to her Japanese name|
|French, Italian||Mimosa||From her Japanese name|
|Korean||미모사 Mimosa||From her Japanese name|
|Chinese (Mandarin)||米莫莎 Mǐmòshā||Transcription of her Japanese name|
|Chinese (Cantonese)||米莫莎 Máihmohksā|
|Thai||มิโมซา Mimosa||Transcription of her Japanese name|
|Non-player characters in the core series games|
|This game character article is part of Project CharacterDex, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each character found in the Pokémon games.|