Cassius in Pokémon Adventures
|Games||X and Y|
Cassius (Japanese: クロケア Crocea) is a computer technician currently residing in Camphrier Town in Kalos.
In the games
Cassius is the maintainer of the Pokémon Storage System in Kalos. He was asked by Bill to take on the role.
- "Yo, how's it going there? I'm Cassius. Check this out. You know what I'm doing here? I'm keeping the PC Box running! No, seriously! Bill over in Kanto asked me to come here and run things. For real! Enough with the introductions. Get out there, catch some Pokémon, and put 'em in the PC! Yo, you got something you wanna ask me? I ain't got all day, you know?"
- Boxes: "Boxes are pretty sweet. You can store up to 30 of your Pokémon in a single Box. You start out with only eight of 'em, but the more Pokémon you deposit, the more Boxes will appear! No, seriously! It's like magic! That's not all, either. You can swap whole Boxes at once if you want. For real!"
- The Battle Box: "The Battle Box is no joke, yo! Got Pokémon you use in battle a lot? Put up to six of 'em in the Battle Box. Hold up--I'll explain why. See, if you're having a Link Battle over the Internet, local wireless, infrared connection, or by using the Battle Spot, you can choose to use the Pokémon in your Battle Box instead of the ones in your party. That means you don't have to go to the trouble of moving around Pokémon before a battle. It's crazy convenient! For real!"
- Trays: "Trays are totally awesome, dude! They let you select a bunch of Pokémon at a time and move 'em around the PC Box. No, seriously! They're a lifesaver once you've caught a lot of Pokémon."
|Overworld model from|
X and Y
In the manga
Cassius debuted in Overthrowing a Tyrunt. During a conversation with Bill, Cassius was alerted to noise coming from outside his house. He and his gang went to investigate and found Y, Tierno, and Shauna in a losing battle against a Team Flare Grunt's four Espurr. Cassius easily captured the Espurr with his Gourgeist and allowed the kids to rest at his house.
In Dancing Vivillon, Cassius agreed to help X and his friends travel to Cyllage City and transported them via helicopter. While in the sky, the helicopter was ambushed by several Sky Trainers and assaulted by multiple Hurricanes fired from their Vivillon. Y defeated Yvette, the Sky Trainers' leader, and X took down the Aegislash controlling them, but the helicopter sustained too much damage, causing a propeller blade to snap off and hit Y on the head. Y survived the fall due to her Croaky's frubbles while Cassius was forced to make a crash landing on the Cyllage City bicycle track, earning him the anger of Grant. While Cassius argued with Grant over the damages, X and the others went to find Y by themselves.
In PS577, Cassius and his gang oversaw the transport of the Sky Trainers and Vaniville Town residents that were captured and manipulated by Team Flare to a hospital in Laverre City.
In PS590, Cassius and his gang learned that someone had accessed Emma's PC Box on Route 22. As Emma had been missing for some time, the group immediately set out to see if it was her, but made a detour to Route 20 after seeing an explosion coming from that direction. In PS592, Cassius arrived at the Pokémon Village, where he discovered that Emma had been working for Team Flare under the guise of Essentia to make money for her friends. He had his Gourgeist destroy the remote control device Lysandre was using to control Emma's body, freeing her. Before Emma could command her Zygarde to stop Lysandre, she was attacked by his Pyroar, who stole Zygarde's Poké Ball. With Zygarde now under his control, he used it to send everyone flying away. Cassius and Emma survived, but were left unable to continue fighting.
In PS593, after the defeat of Team Flare, Cassius gave X and his friends a ride back to Lumiose City. After they arrived, Cassius and Emma waved X's group goodbye as they parted ways.
This listing is of Cassius' Pokémon in the Pokémon Adventures manga.
|Gourgeist is Cassius's only known Pokémon. It was first sent out to help Y, Shauna and Tierno stop a Team Flare Grunt's four Espurr. It confused one Espurr and used its arms to capture the other three, defeating them. It also shielded X, Shauna, Tierno and Trevor when the helicopter Cassius was flying crash-landed. At the Pokémon Village, it destroyed the device used to control Emma's Expansion Suit, freeing her from Lysandre's control in the process.
Gourgeist's only known move is Trick-or-Treat.
In the TCG
- Main article: Cassius (XY 115)
Cassius was introduced as a Supporter card in the Pokémon Trading Card Game during the English XY Series (the Japanese XY Era). First released in the Japanese Collection Y expansion, the Cassius card later debuted in English in the XY expansion, with both prints featuring an illustration by Masakazu Fukuda. This Trainer card allows the player to shuffle one Pokémon, and all cards attached to it, back into their deck.
- He is the only regional computer technician not to be affirmed as having created the system they maintain.
- According to Lumiose City residents, a more accurate representation of the PC Creator archetype may be found in the Gym Leader Clemont, who is implied and mentioned to have invented or improved upon various major gameplay mechanics, including but not limited to, Super Training and the PSS.
|Japanese||クロケア Crocea||From Cassine crocea (saffronwood, synonym of Elaeodendron croceum)|
|English||Cassius||From the genus Cassine and possibly chassis, Casio or CSS|
|German, Spanish, French||Olivier||From olivetier jaune (French for saffronwood) and possibly OLIVER,|
|Italian||Oliviero||From olivetier jaune (French for saffronwood) and possibly OLIVER|
|Korean||크로케아 Keurokea||Transcription of his Japanese name|
|Chinese (Mandarin)||酷羅凱爾 / 酷罗凯尔 Kùluókǎiěr||Transcription of his Japanese name|
|Russian||Кассиус Kassius||Transcription of his English name|
|This game character article is part of Project CharacterDex, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each character found in the Pokémon games.|