Model from Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
|Games||Scarlet and Violet|
Salvatore (Japanese: セイジ Sage) is a character in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet. He serves as the language teacher of Naranja AcademyS/Uva AcademyV and the homeroom teacher for the humanities track.
In the core series games
Salvatore is a friendly, optimistic, and loving person. His classes stress the importance of communication to help people understand each other's feelings and deescalate conflict. For example, he describes how after a fight with his wife, he made sure to apologize quickly and express his care for her. In addition to speaking many human languages, he also demonstrates how Pokémon communicate their feelings, with the help of a Pikachu.
In his friendship story, he finds an injured Pawmi. It's quiet, and he concludes that this is due to the trauma of its injury. He decides to take care of it until it is ready to communicate with its fellow Pokémon again. However, even after its recovery, it is still quiet. He realizes that that is simply the Pawmi's personality, and it is fine as it is. With the player's encouragement, he decides to keep the Pawmi. He gives the player a Galarian Meowth as a reward for their help.
Salvatore also participates in the Academy Ace Tournament.
Academy Ace Tournament
Salvatore will Terastallize his Raichu at the first opportunity.
Given to the player
|This section is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this section to add missing information and complete it.
- Academy Ace Tournament
- "Bonjour, my dear <player>! I won’t shy from this battle! Allez, on y va!"
- Upon sending out his last Pokémon
- "I should not be the one saying au revoir to the audience after this battle… That should be you!"
- Upon Terastalizing his Raichu
- "Do you want to see what I’m capable of? You do, don’t you?"
- Upon using Raichu's Thunder
- "Pokémon moves are just another form of communication! Consider this a greeting!"
- Upon defeat
- "What a victory! Tu es incroyable—that is, you’re incredible, <player>!"
- "Oh no! Looks like this is the end of the line for me! Adios, mata ne, and adieeeuuu!"
- After Salvatore recalls his Pokémon from battle, he pats the Poké Ball rather than simply nodding at it like many Trainers.
|Japanese||セイジ Sage||From sage|
|English, German||Salvatore||From salvia (Spanish for sage)|
|Spanish||Silvio||From salvia (Spanish for sage)|
|French||Salvio||From salvia (Spanish for sage)|
|Italian||Salvis||From salvia (Spanish for sage)|
|Korean||세이지 Sage||From sage|
|Chinese (Mandarin)||賽吉 / 赛吉 Sāijí||Transcription of his Japanese name|
|Chinese (Cantonese)||賽吉 Choigāt||Mandarin-based transcription of his Japanese name|
|Non-player characters in the core series games|
|This game character article is part of Project CharacterDex, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each character found in the Pokémon games.|