Xtransceiver sprite from
Black 2 and White 2
|Eye color||Cornflower blue|
|Relatives||Unnamed father, unnamed brother,|
|Games||Black 2 and White 2|
Yancy (Japanese: ルリ Ruri), otherwise known under the screen name Nancy (Japanese: ルッコ Rukko), is a character that appears in Black 2 and White 2 if the player's gender is male. She is the female counterpart to Curtis.
In the games
Yancy is first encountered after the male player picks up the Dropped Item (Xtransceiver) in Nimbasa City. Upon obtaining the item, Yancy calls it from an old phone and identifies herself as the owner of the lost Xtransceiver. However, she is busy at work and is unable to retrieve it at the time, so she asks the male player to hold onto it until she is free from work.
Yancy will call her Xtransceiver when the male player is in specific locations around Unova. Yancy will slowly learn about the player through her initial nine calls. What she learns about him is based on what the player answered in the Passerby Analytics HQ surveys in Castelia City. At the tenth call, Yancy would inform the player that she is finally free from work and would like to retrieve her Xtransceiver back in Nimbasa City. It is here that Yancy meets the male player for the first time as her initial calls were audio only so neither knew what each other looked like. She gratefully takes her Xtransceiver back and exchanges numbers with the male player as she wishes to talk to him more.
After returning her Xtransceiver, the game will randomly select one of the 15 areas that she calls him initially and the male player can call her from anywhere in that area. The area will change every subsequent time she is called or the game is loaded, whether she is talked to or not, but sometimes, the male player can even call multiple times while in the same area. From the 11th through 19th calls, Yancy tells the male player more about herself. Calls twenty through twenty-nine, Yancy will ask the male player for advice or opinions about things. After the 30th call, Yancy will ask the player to ride at the Rondez-View Ferris Wheel with her. After the first call of every next day, Yancy will ask the player for a Ferris Wheel ride, and if the player has entered the Hall of Fame, she will offer to trade Pokémon after the ride. Pokémon traded from her have Hidden Abilities, are at level 50, and have no predetermined nature, gender, or individual values. It is possible to receive multiples of the same species.
From the 31st through 49th calls (except the Ferris-Wheel-ride calls), Yancy will say any of a variety of things. On the 50th call, she will accidentally pick up the phone while at work, revealing Yancy in her working outfit. During the 51st call, she will apologize about the previous call being cut off, lying to the player that the one who answered was her coworker.
Yancy, as Nancy, appears in various television shows as a celebrity idol, regardless of the player's gender.
|Yancy's overworld sprite from
Black 2 and White 2
|Xtransceiver sprite from
Black 2 and White 2
|Xtransceiver sprite from|
Black 2 and White 2
Yancy will automatically call the player on any one of fifteen specific spots. They can only be triggered once. Each spot is only located at one specific tile.
- Nimbasa City (behind the Battle Institute)
- Driftveil City (on top of the northern hill, below the Worker guarding the Clay Tunnel entrance)
- Lentimas Town (on the path behind the northern house towards the hill with the Fire Stone)
- Mistralton City (on the southern half of the runway, in the center of the lane)
- Undella Town (southwest corner, up the stairs and between the two boulders)
- Lacunosa Town (under the bridge in the center of town)
- Route 5 (on the other side of the southern fence, towards the Hyper Potion)
- Route 6 (just above the two shortcut ledges on the south end of the route, east side of the stream)
- Route 7 (on the path between the Pokémon Breeder and the southern house)
- Route 9 (at the left of Shopping Mall Nine, near the L-shaped bush)
- Route 11 (in front of the truck, between it and the stream)
- Route 12 (on the highest hill, lower-leftmost square)
- Route 13 (on the south beach, between the running Ace Trainer and the Fisherman on a sandy corner by the water's edge)
- Route 14 (towards the Abundant Shrine, on top of the waterfall with a small square of land on the right, west of the Backpacker)
- Route 16 (west side of the route, south of the Depot Agent and north of the male Cyclist, middle of the road)
Traded to the player
|Black 2 and White 2|
- Main article: Yancy/Quotes
In the manga
Yancy debuted in The Transfer Student. She was first seen in tears as her boyfriend Blake broke up with her stating that their relationship was interfering with Yancy's career as an idol. It was later revealed that Blake only went out with her to find out if she was a member of the previously defeated Team Plasma. After concluding that she wasn't a member, Blake crossed out Yancy's name and her stage name Nancy off a list of possible suspects.
|Spinda is Yancy's only known Pokémon. It was first seen with its Trainer when she was breaking up with Blake. Afterward, it left with Yancy while she said her tearful goodbyes.
None of Spinda's moves are known.
|Debut||The Transfer Student|
- Starting with the thirtieth call, Yancy's sprite will begin to blush when talking on the Xtransceiver, implying she has developed feelings for the male player, just like her male counterpart, Curtis, has for the female player.
- Yancy will occasionally talk about the other regions, which she's been to on business trips: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh.
- She will say something about the region, such as, "I went on a business trip to the Hoenn region the other day. They have many unique towns and cities. They really surprised me! Their famous Lava Cookie was really good too!"
- She mentions an item with each region, which will be held by her Pokémon from that region during trade.
|Possibly 瑠璃 ruri, lapis lazuli|
Similar to her real name. May also be from ルッコラ rucola, rocket plant.
|Rhymes with fancy.|
|Contains the word linda, Spanish for pretty.|
Contains the word lengua, Spanish for tongue.
|Transliteration of her Japanese name.|
Repetition of the first character of her real name
|Chinese (Mandarin)||琉璃 Liúlí
|From 琉璃 liúlí, archaic word for glass|
Similar to her real name
|Same as Japanese.|
|This game character article is part of Project CharacterDex, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each character found in the Pokémon games.|