- Genzo redirects here. For the anime character whose Japanese name is Genzō, see Kenzo (EP166).
Cameron in the Slowpoke Well
|Games||HeartGold and SoulSilver|
After the player arrives in Goldenrod City, Cameron will periodically be found in both Kanto and Johto on varying days of the week, and in a few cases, at different times. He will take pictures of the player's party and the surrounding area. Cameron's house is in Cianwood City, which has an automatic camera beside it for use at all times; however, Cameron cannot be found here.
With the entire party
|New Bark Town||
|Ruins of Alph||Outside||Yes||No||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Ruins of Alph||Inside||No||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||No||No|
|Pokéathlon Dome||Aprijuice Stand||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||No|
|Glitter Lighthouse||At night||No||No||No||Yes||No||No||Yes|
|Safari Zone Gate||
|Mt. Silver||Up Waterfall||No||No||No||No||Yes||No||No|
|Pewter Museum of Science||
|Saffron Train Station||
|Celadon Department Store||
If the Gym Leader is currently in the Fighting Dojo, the player cannot take a picture with the Leader.
|Day-Care Man||Pokémon Day Care||Wednesday and Thursday|| |
|Master||Dragon's Den||Monday and Thursday|| |
|Professor Oak||Professor Oak's Laboratory||Everyday||Complete the National Pokédex (excluding Mythical Pokémon)|
|Falkner||Celadon Department Store||Wednesday||His phone number|
|Bugsy||National Park (by the fountain)||Friday||His phone number|
|Whitney||Goldenrod Department Store (sixth floor)||Everyday from 6:00 PM to 8:59 PM||Her phone number|
|Morty||Bellchime Trail||Friday||His phone number|
|Chuck||Route 47||Sunday||Does not appear after the Jade Orb is obtained|
|Jasmine||Olivine Café||Everyday from 12:00 PM to 12:59 PM||Her phone number|
|Pryce||Mahogany Gym||Everyday|| |
|Clair||Dragon's Den||Everyday from 4:00 PM to 6:59 PM||Her phone number|
|Brock||Diglett's Cave on the Route 2 side||Everyday from 5:00 PM to 7:59 PM||His phone number|
|Misty||Route 25||Everyday from 2:00 PM to 3:59 PM||Her phone number and a Water-type Pokémon as the lead Pokémon|
|Lt. Surge||Route 39 at Moomoo Farm||Friday and Saturday||His phone number|
|Erika||Celadon City||Monday||Her phone number|
|Janine||Victory Road at the Pokémon League Reception Gate||Everyday from 6:00 PM to 7:59 PM||Her phone number|
|Sabrina||Olivine City Harbor||Monday||Her phone number|
|Blaine||Cinnabar Island||Thursday||His phone number|
|Blue||Cinnabar Island||Friday||Defeat Red|
Photos without Cameron
There are two other photo locations where photos are taken without Cameron. One is by using the automatic camera outside his house in Cianwood City, the other is a special photo in the Goldenrod Tunnel taken while dressed as a Team Rocket Grunt.
Cameron's house replaces the Game Boy Printer-based Photo Studio in Cianwood City from Pokémon Gold, Silver, and Crystal. While Cameron never visits Cianwood City while the player is there, he has set up an automatic camera outside with which the player can use to take a photo with their party. A relative of Cameron's resides inside the house.
| Overworld sprite from|
HeartGold and SoulSilver
- "Hello, just when you least expect it! I am Cameron the Photographer. You look so photogenic! Why not have a picture taken?"
- No: "Aren't you a shy one?"
- If the player's Photo Album is not full
- "All right, then! Get yourselves ready!"
- "Good, good! We've got a nice picture! You can see all the pictures on your PC."
- If the player's Photo Album is full
- "Wait a second! My superhuman ability is telling me that your Photo Album is full! Sorry to trouble you, but can you delete some pictures before you talk to me again?"
- Cameron can be found at Mt. Silver, a location only highly skilled Trainers are permitted to enter.
- In French, the name of Cameron (F. Otto) is the abbreviation of the name of Phil the Photo Guy (Otto Focus), which suggests that they could be just one person. This is not the case in other languages though.
|Japanese||ゲンゾー Genzō||From 現像 Genzō, photo developing|
|French, Spanish||F. Otto||Possibly from photographie in French, and fotografía in Spanish.|
|Italian||F. Oto||Possibly from photo.|
|Korean||현상 Hyeonsang||Korean reading of 現像 Genzō.|
|This game character article is part of Project CharacterDex, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each character found in the Pokémon games.|