Winona (Masters)

Winona
ナギ Nagi
Spr Masters Winona.png
Winona's model
No. 23
English voice actor Jeannie Tirado[1]
Japanese voice actor Tae Okajima[2]
Description This Gym Leader loves bird Pokémon more than anything. She has passionate fans in the Fortree City Gym thanks to her graceful appearance.

Winona (Japanese: ナギ Nagi) is a Pokémon Trainer in Pokémon Masters EX, based on the character of the same name in the core series games. She forms a sync pair with Pelipper. This sync pair was first made available since the game release.

Pelipper

  Type   Flying
Move type   Flying
Role Tech
Base Potential ★★★
Pelipper Weakness   Electric
It places small Pokémon into its spacious beak and carries them around. No one knows where it's taking them.
Stats HP Attack Defense Sp. Atk Sp. Def Speed
Lv. 140, Base Potential 526 224 159 224 201 272
Lv. 140, Max Potential 646 284 219 284 261 332
Lv. 140, Base Potential
Lv. 140, Max Potential

Moves

Name Type Category Move gauge Base Power Max Power Accuracy Target Description
Air Slash Flying
 
Special 2 45 54 95% An opponent Has a chance (30%) of making the target flinch.
Rain Dance Water
 
Status 2 (2 uses) Entire field Makes the weather rainy.
Graceful Aerobatics! None Status 0 (2 uses) Self Raises the user's Defense and Speed by 2 stat ranks.
Hurricane Flying
 
Special 3 126 151 70% All opponents Never misses when the weather is rainy. Has a chance (30%) of leaving the target confused.
Sync moves
Flyaway Air Cutter Flying
 
Special 200 240 An opponent This move's power increases when the target is flinching.

Skills

Name Description
Passive Skills
Racing Rain 2 Quickly charges the move gauge when the weather is rainy.
Theme Skills
Flying Tech Raises allies' Attack and Sp. Atk by 12 when using Flying-type attacks.
Raises the maximum HP of all allied sync pairs by 12.
Hoenn Tech Raises the Attack and Sp. Atk of all allied sync pairs by 1.
Raises the maximum HP of all allied sync pairs by 1.
Gym Leader Tech Raises the Attack and Sp. Atk of all allied sync pairs by 1.
Raises the maximum HP of all allied sync pairs by 1.
Nature Lover Tech Raises the Attack and Sp. Atk of all allied sync pairs by 2.
Raises the maximum HP of all allied sync pairs by 2.
Free Spirit Tech Raises the Attack and Sp. Atk of all allied sync pairs by 2.
Raises the maximum HP of all allied sync pairs by 2.

Sync Grid

The sync grid for Winona and Pelipper is a basic grid which has not yet been expanded.

Name Effect Energy required Sync orb required Move level required
HP +10 HP +10 0 5 1
Defense +5 Defense +5 0 5 1
Sp. Atk +5 Sp. Atk +5 0 5 1
Sp. Atk +5 Sp. Atk +5 0 5 1
Sp. Def +5 Sp. Def +5 0 5 1
Speed +5 Speed +5 0 5 1

Availability

Winona is available in the sync pair scout since the game release.

Winona and Pelipper can be battled against in:

Sync Pair Stories

  • A Day with Winona

Quotes

Main article: Winona/Quotes → Pokémon Masters EX

Gallery

     
VS model from
Pokémon Masters EX
Winona and Pelipper on
Pokémon Masters EX Dream Team Maker
Winona's sync move mindscape
(Fortree Gym)
       
Trainer emote
Nice!
Trainer emote
Watch out!
Trainer emote
Let's do this!
Trainer emote
Thanks!

Trivia

Origin

Winona's design is based on her appearance in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Pelipper is a Pokémon Winona uses in the core series games. Pelipper's Dex entry comes from Pokémon Ultra Sun.

In other languages

Graceful Aerobatics!

Language Title
  Japanese 華麗に舞います Karei ni Maimasu
Mandarin Chinese 華麗飛舞 Huálì Fēiwǔ
  French Dansons dans les cieux !
  German Tanzen wir durch die Lüfte!
  Italian Volo elegante
  Korean 화려하게춤출게요 Hwaryeohage Chumchulgeyo
  Spanish ¡Con garbo y donaire!

Flyaway Air Cutter

Language Title
  Japanese 世界にはばたく エアカッター Sekai ni Habataku Ea Kattā
Mandarin Chinese 翱翔世界之 空氣利刃 Áoxiáng Shìjiè zhī Kōngqì Lìrèn
  French Le vent de la victoire ! Tranch'Air !
  German Windschnitt der Himmelschoreografie
  Italian Aerasoio ad ali spiegate
  Korean 세상에 날갯짓하는 에어컷터 Sesang-e Nalgaetjithaneun Eeo Keotteo
  Spanish Aire Afilado de las Alturas


References

  1. Jeannie Tirado on Twitter
  2. Nintendo DREAM (vol. 329)


Characters appearing in Pokémon Masters EX
Pasio ScottieBettieLearRachelSawyer
Kanto BrockMistyLt. SurgeErikaBlaineLoreleiBrunoAgathaJanineKogaBlueGiovanniLeafLanceProfessor OakRedSabrinaJessieJames
Johto KrisBugsyWhitneyPryceClairWillKarenLyraEthanSilverJasmineMortyFalkner
Hoenn BrendanRoxanneBrawlyFlanneryNormanWinonaTateLizaPhoebeDrakeNolandGlaciaZinniaStevenWallaceWallyLucyLisiaMayMaxieArchieSidney
Sinnoh BarryRoarkGardeniaMayleneCrasher WakeCandiceFlintThortonCherylMarleyCynthiaFantinaDawnCyrusVolknerDarachLucasAaronBerthaLucian
Unova RosaClaySkylaBrycenIrisRoxieMarlonShauntalMarshalCherenHilbertHildaElesaCaitlinGrimsleyBurghAlderNateBiancaNGhetsisIngoEmmet
Kalos GrantKorrinaRamosWulfricSieboldWikstromViolaCalemValerieClemontSerenaLysandreProfessor SycamoreDianthaEvelyn
Alola HauSophoclesMinaOliviaHapuKahiliNanuAcerolaKukuiPlumeriaGuzmaLusamineGladionLillieMolayneMallowSeleneElioLanaKiaweHalaThe Masked Royal
Galar GloriaPiersLeonMarnieRaihanNessaBeaHopAllisterSonia
NPCs PauloProfessor BellisTristaTriciaTrinniaTina
MeowthRyukiCourtneyTabithaMattShellyMarsJupiterSaturnLookerCilanChiliCressTeam Break


  This game character article is part of Project CharacterDex, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each character found in the Pokémon games.