Professor Oak (Masters)

Professor Oak
オーキド Ohkido
Spr Masters Oak.png
Professor Oak's model
No. 82
English voice actor Joe J. Thomas[1]
Japanese voice actor Ken'ichi Ogata[2]
Description This pioneering Pokémon Professor was an accomplished Trainer in his heyday and has since become an authority on Pokémon research. He is also Blue's grandfather.

Professor Oak (Japanese: オーキド Ohkido) is a Pokémon Trainer in Pokémon Masters EX, based on the character of the same name in the core series games. He forms a sync pair with Mew. This sync pair was first made available on February 14, 2020.

Mew

  Type   Psychic
Move types   Psychic /   Normal /   Fire /   Electric /   Ice
Role Tech
Base Potential ★★★
Mew Weakness   Bug
Mew is said to possess the genetic composition of all Pokémon. It is capable of making itself invisible at will, so it entirely avoids notice even if it approaches people.
Stats HP Attack Defense Sp. Atk Sp. Def Speed
Lv. 140, Base Potential 368 268 268 268 268 268
Lv. 140, Max Potential 488 328 328 328 328 328
Lv. 140, Base Potential
Lv. 140, Max Potential

Moves

Professor Oak's Mew uses Swift and Psychic as its two damage-dealing moves. After using its sync move, Mew replaces Swift and its Trainer moves for Fire Blast, Thunder, and Blizzard.

Name Type Category Move gauge Base Power Max Power Accuracy Target Description
Swift Normal
 
Special 2 57 68 All opponents Never misses.
(Only prior to using sync move)
X Speed None Status 0
(2 uses)
Self Raises the user's Speed by 2 stat ranks.
(Only prior to using sync move)
Psychic Psychic
 
Special 3 99 118 100% An opponent Has a chance (10%) of lowering the target's Sp. Def by 1 stat rank.
A World of Dreams! None Status 0
(2 uses)
Self Raises the user's Sp. Atk by 2 stat ranks. Raises one of the user's following stats by 3 stat ranks at random: Attack, Defense, Sp. Def, Speed, accuracy, or evasiveness.
(Only prior to using sync move)
Fire Blast Fire
 
Special 3 116 139 85% An opponent Has a chance (10%) of leaving the target burned.
(Only after using sync move)
Thunder Electric
 
Special 3 124 148 70% An opponent Never misses when the weather is rainy. Has a chance (30%) of leaving the target paralyzed.
(Only after using sync move)
Blizzard Ice
 
Special 3 126 151 70% All opponents Never misses during a hailstorm. Has a chance (10%) of leaving the target frozen.
(Only after using sync move)
Sync moves
Pokémon Professor Psychic Psychic
 
Special 250 300 An opponent No additional effect.

Skills

Name Description
Passive Skills
Oak's Research Replaces some of the user's moves with different moves after using a sync move.
Superduper Effective 1 Powers up moves that are super effective.
Unfortuitous 9 Lowers one of the target's following stats by one stat rank at random when the user's attack move against it is successful: Attack, Defense, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, Speed, accuracy, or evasiveness.
Theme Skills
Psychic Tech Raises allies' Attack and Sp. Atk by 12 when using Psychic-type attacks.
Raises the maximum HP of all allied sync pairs by 12.
Kanto Tech Raises the Attack and Sp. Atk of all allied sync pairs by 1.
Raises the maximum HP of all allied sync pairs by 1.
Researcher Tech Raises the Attack and Sp. Atk of all allied sync pairs by 2.
Raises the maximum HP of all allied sync pairs by 2.
Old-Timer Tech Raises the Attack and Sp. Atk of all allied sync pairs by 2.
Raises the maximum HP of all allied sync pairs by 2.

Sync Grid

Professor Oak and Mew's sync grid is an expanded grid, made available on February 14, 2020.

Name Effect Energy required Sync orb required Move level required
HP +10 HP +10 0 5 1
HP +20 HP +20 3 36 1
HP +20 HP +20 3 36 1
Defense +5 Defense +5 0 5 1
Defense +10 Defense +10 5 60 1
Sp. Atk +5 Sp. Atk +5 0 5 1
Sp. Atk +5 Sp. Atk +5 0 5 1
Sp. Atk +5 Sp. Atk +5 2 24 1
Sp. Atk +10 Sp. Atk +10 4 48 1
Sp. Def +5 Sp. Def +5 0 5 1
Sp. Def +10 Sp. Def +10 5 60 1
Speed +5 Speed +5 0 5 1
Speed +10 Speed +10 2 24 1
Speed +10 Speed +10 3 36 1
Swift: Power +5 Swift: Power ↑ +5 2 24 1
Swift: Power +5 Swift: Power ↑ +5 2 24 1
Swift: Power +5 Swift: Power ↑ +5 6 72 1
Swift: Move Gauge Refresh 3 Has a chance (40%) of charging the user's move gauge by one when a move is successful. 5 60 2
Psychic: Power +4 Psychic: Power ↑ +4 4 48 1
Psychic: Power +4 Psychic: Power ↑ +4 5 60 1
Psychic: Power +4 Psychic: Power ↑ +4 5 60 1
Psychic: Power +4 Psychic: Power ↑ +4 5 60 3
Fire Blast: Power +5 Fire Blast: Power ↑ +5 3 36 1
Fire Blast: Power +5 Fire Blast: Power ↑ +5 3 36 1
Fire Blast: Power +5 Fire Blast: Power ↑ +5 3 36 1
Fire Blast: Accuracy +10 Fire Blast: Accuracy ↑ +10 5 60 2
Thunder: Power +5 Thunder: Power ↑ +5 3 36 1
Thunder: Power +5 Thunder: Power ↑ +5 3 36 1
Thunder: Power +5 Thunder: Power ↑ +5 3 36 1
Thunder: Accuracy +20 Thunder: Accuracy ↑ +20 7 84 3
Blizzard: Power +5 Blizzard: Power ↑ +5 3 36 1
Blizzard: Power +5 Blizzard: Power ↑ +5 3 36 1
Blizzard: Power +5 Blizzard: Power ↑ +5 3 36 2
Blizzard: Accuracy +20 Blizzard: Accuracy ↑ +20 7 84 2
X Speed: MP Refresh 3 Has a chance (40%) of restoring one MP of the move used if the move is successful. 7 84 2
A World of Dreams!: MP Refresh 3 Has a chance (40%) of charging the user's move gauge by one when a move is successful. 7 84 2
Weather Surge 3 Powers up moves when weather conditions are in effect. 7 84 2
Dirty Fighting 3 Powers up moves when the move's target or targets are affected by a status condition. 7 84 2
Natural Remedy Once per battle, removes all status conditions from the user when the user is inflicted by any status condition. 4 48 2
First Aid 4 Restores the user's HP by approximately 40% of its maximum HP the first time it is in a pinch each battle. 7 84 2
Inertia The more the user's Speed is raised, the more it powers up the user's sync moves. 8 96 3
Blind Spot The more the user's evasiveness has been raised, the more it powers up the user's sync moves. 8 96 3
Agile Entry 2 Raises the user's evasiveness by 2 stat ranks when the Pokémon enters a battle. 10 120 3
Shifty Striker 2 Has a chance (30%) of raising the user's evasiveness by 1 stat rank when the user's Pokémon uses a move. 10 120 3
Hostile Environment 1 Raises the chance of inflicting status conditions with the additional effects of moves. 8 96 3
Special Reserves 2 Raises the user's Sp. Atk by 2 stat ranks the first time it is in a pinch each battle. 6 72 3
Pokémon Professor Psychic: Power +25 Pokémon Professor Psychic: Power ↑ +25 5 60 1
Pokémon Professor Psychic: Power +25 Pokémon Professor Psychic: Power ↑ +25 5 60 1

Availability

Professor Oak is teamed up at the beginning of the game from February 14 to March 16, 2020, and since August 28, 2020 in celebration of the game's one-year anniversary.

Sync Pair Stories

  • A Day with Professor Oak
  • Let's Go, Professor Oak! - The player and Professor Oak, along with Blue and Agatha, team up in search of a mysterious Pokémon on Pasio, which turns out to be Mew. Professor Oak is revealed to have Nidorino as his sync pair partner before teaming up with Mew.

Quotes

Main article: Professor Oak/Quotes → Pokémon Masters EX

In the anime

 
Professor Oak (center) in the Pokémon Masters Animated Trailer

Pokémon Masters Animated Trailer

Professor Oak briefly appeared in the Pokémon Masters Animated Trailer as part of a team with Professors Sycamore and Kukui.

Gallery

     
VS model from
Pokémon Masters EX
Professor Oak and Mew on
Pokémon Masters EX Dream Team Maker
Professor Oak's sync move mindscape
(Professor Oak's Laboratory)
       
Trainer emote
Nice!
Trainer emote
Watch out!
Trainer emote
Let's do this!
Trainer emote
Thanks!

Trivia

Origin

Professor Oak's design is based on his appearance in Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen. Mew's Dex entry comes from Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire.

In other languages

A World of Dreams!

Language Title
  Japanese レッツ ゴー! Rettsu Gō!
Mandarin Chinese Let's Go!
  French Let's Go !
  German Let's go!
  Italian Let's go!
  Korean 레츠고! Recheu Go!
  Spanish Let's go!

Pokémon Professor Psychic

Language Title
  Japanese 偉大なポケモン博士の サイコキネシス Idai-na Pokemon Hakase no Saiko Kinesisu
Mandarin Chinese 偉大的寶可夢博士之 精神強念 Wěidà-de Bǎokěmèng Bóshì-zhī Jīngshén Qiángniàn
  French Étudions les Pokémon ! Psyko !
  German Psychokinese des Pokémon-Professors
  Italian Psichico del luminare Pokémon
  Korean 위대한 포켓몬 박사의 사이코키네시스 Widaehan Pokenmon Baksa-ui Saikokinesiseu
  Spanish Psíquico del Profesor Renombrado


References


Oak (animeAdventuresPocket MonstersMasters) • ElmBirchRowanJuniperJuniper Sr.
Sycamore (animeMasters) • Kukui (animeMasters) • Burnet (anime) • SamsonMohnMagnoliaSonia (Masters) • Laventon
IvyCeriseAmaranthKranePHastingsHollyTetraWillowBellisMirror


Characters appearing in Pokémon Masters EX
Pasio ScottieBettieLearRachelSawyer
Kanto BrockMistyLt. SurgeErikaBlaineLoreleiBrunoAgathaJanineKogaBlueGiovanniLeafLanceProfessor OakRedSabrinaJessieJames
Johto KrisBugsyWhitneyPryceClairWillKarenLyraEthanSilverJasmineMortyFalkner
Hoenn BrendanRoxanneBrawlyFlanneryNormanWinonaTateLizaPhoebeDrakeNolandGlaciaZinniaStevenWallaceWallyLucyLisiaMayMaxieArchieSidney
Sinnoh BarryRoarkGardeniaMayleneCrasher WakeCandiceFlintThortonCherylMarleyCynthiaFantinaDawnCyrusVolknerDarachLucasAaronBerthaLucian
Unova RosaClaySkylaBrycenIrisRoxieMarlonShauntalMarshalCherenHilbertHildaElesaCaitlinGrimsleyBurghAlderNateBiancaNGhetsisIngoEmmet
Kalos GrantKorrinaRamosWulfricSieboldWikstromViolaCalemValerieClemontSerenaLysandreProfessor SycamoreDianthaEvelyn
Alola HauSophoclesMinaOliviaHapuKahiliNanuAcerolaKukuiPlumeriaGuzmaLusamineGladionLillieMolayneMallowSeleneElioLanaKiaweHalaThe Masked Royal
Galar GloriaPiersLeonMarnieRaihanNessaBeaHopAllisterSonia
NPCs PauloProfessor BellisTristaTriciaTrinniaTina
MeowthRyukiCourtneyTabithaMattShellyMarsJupiterSaturnLookerCilanChiliCressTeam Break


  This game character article is part of Project CharacterDex, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each character found in the Pokémon games.