Artwork with Mewtwo
In the games
|Spoiler warning: this article may contain major plot or ending details.|
- Transforms to Rank II by reaching a 75% link with Gallade after having completed Archenemies.
|The Legend of Ransei||Unite Ransei stories||Collect 100 Pokémon stories||Kenshin versus Shingen stories||Two Heroes of Ransei|
- Start of turn:
- When asleep:
- "Still slumbering..."
- With low health or a status ailment:
- When victory is near:
- "The advantage lies with us."
- "Now, we fight."
- Start of battle:
- When attacking a castle:
- "Let us savor this battle together."
- When defending a castle:
- "The fates shall decide the victor."
- During battle:
- "I love the smell of the battlefield. With this battle, <Pokémon's name> and I will put the world to rights."
- When ordering to attack:
- "<Move's name>... Now..."
- When ordering to go to battle:
- To a kingdom:
- "The time for battle is upon us."
- To a wild Pokémon location:
- "Let us enjoy this battle."
- Upon forming a link:
- "Now that I have linked with <Pokémon's name>, the prospect of battle seems more pleasurable."
- When using an item:
- "My <item>..."
- When using his Warrior Skill:
- "I shall cut us a path to victory!"
- After winning a battle:
- If he attacked a castle:
- If he defended a castle:
- "Our enemies have been eliminated."
- When defeated:
- If recruitable:
- "You fight extremely well, I must say."
- If defeated by something other than the enemy:
- "I see..."
- "Fate is not on our side..."
- When being recruited:
- "I will respond to your favor on the field of battle."
- When there are 30 Warriors in the army:
- "We now have more Warriors in our army. The Pokémon too appear satisfied by this development."
A veritable genius on the battlefield, he values nothing above the art of combat. Sworn enemies with Shingen and constantly looking for ways to overcome him.
Kenshin is based on the real-life Uesugi Kenshin of Japanese history. He and Shingen (Takeda Shingen) were honorable rivals of one another. Aya was his older half-sister and Kagekatsu (Uesugi Kagekatsu) was his nephew. Yatarō (Kojima Yatarō), Kanetsugu (Naoe Kanetsugu), Tomonobu (Saitō Tomonobu), Sadamitsu (Usami Sadamitsu), and Kageie (Kakizaki Kageie) were generals in his army. Takahiro (Kitajô Takahiro) was also apart of the Uesugi clan.
Hero/Heroine • Nobunaga • Oichi • Hideyoshi • Motochika • Ginchiyo • Motonari • Mitsuhide • Yoshihiro
|This game character article is part of Project CharacterDex, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each character found in the Pokémon games.|