Artwork with Dewott
|Default Pokémon||Oshawott, Chingling*|
In the games
|Spoiler warning: this article may contain major plot or ending details.|
- Transforms to Rank II by reaching a 65% link with Dewott or Samurott.
|The Legend of Ransei*||Unite Ransei stories||Collect 100 Pokémon stories||Defeat Nobunaga stories||Two Heroes of Ransei|
- Start of turn:
- When asleep:
- "Still asleep... Pah."
- With low health or a status ailment:
- "We are struggling..."
- When victory is near:
- "One more push for glory."
- "Let's go."
- Start of battle:
- When attacking a castle:
- "Shall we begin?"
- When defending a castle:
- "I can hear the rhythm of fate."
- During battle:
- "There is no place for halfheartedness on the battlefield... <Pokémon's name> and I will fight until the bitter end."
- When ordering to attack:
- "<Move's name>. Do it."
- When ordering to go to battle:
- To a kingdom:
- "Fine. We'll put our bonds to the test on the battlefield."
- To a wild Pokémon location:
- Upon forming a link:
- "So <Pokémon's name> has chosen me. Very well."
- When using an item:
- "Time for my <item>..."
- When using his Warrior Skill:
- "March to my beat..."
- After winning a battle:
- If he attacked a castle:
- "No matter what trials I may face, I will resist with all my might."
- If he defended a castle:
- "We shall resist until our voices can be heard no more."
- When being defeated:
- If recruitable:
- "Very well. You play your own melody. I respect that."
- If defeated by something other than the enemy:
- "Very well..."
- "So this is it..."
- When being recruited:
- "It's me that you want? Very well."
- When a rare Pokémon appears in a kingdom:
- "A fine opportunity to link."
- When there are 10 Warriors in the army:
- "We are slowly finding allies for ourselves... But this is still not enough to resist the tides of history. Let's go, <Pokémon's name>!"
- When there are 30 Warriors in the army:
- "It looks like we've found ourselves some allies... The Pokémon appear pleased as well."
His laid-back exterior hides a passionate nature that never shrinks from even the most fearsome opponents. Indeed, he is perpetually seeking out his next battle.
In the manga
In the Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition ~ Ranse's Color Picture Scroll ~ manga
Motochika debuted in The Green Scroll: Kenshin's Adventure.
|Dewott is Motochika's only known Pokémon.|
|Debut||The Green Scroll: Kenshin's Adventure|
Motochika is based on the real-life Chōsokabe Motochika of Japanese history. Nobuchika (Chōsokabe Nobuchika) and Morichika (Chōsokabe Morichika) were his sons. Chikamasa (Fukudome Chikamasa) was a vassal.
Hero/Heroine • Nobunaga • Oichi • Hideyoshi • Motochika • Ginchiyo • Motonari • Mitsuhide • Yoshihiro
|This game character article is part of Project CharacterDex, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each character found in the Pokémon games.|