Artwork with Lampent
In the games
|Spoiler warning: this article may contain major plot or ending details.|
Kanbei and Hanbei and do not appear at all during The Legend of Ransei, making their first appearance during Hideyoshi's story: Happily Ever After. With their help, Hideyoshi eventually brings Ransei together as one peaceful nation.
In Kanbei's story, The Visionary's Quest, Kanbei is tasked with gathering one hundred Pokémon for the Ignis army while Hideyoshi is away. He is also in the Hanbei's army at the beginning of Hanbei's story; The Reluctant Genius.
- Transforms to Rank II by reaching a 60% link with Lampent or Chandelure while Hanbei is in the same kingdom.
|Unite Ransei stories||Collect 100 Pokémon stories||Junior Warlord stories|
- Start of turn:
- When asleep:
- "Will not wake up, it seems."
- With low health or a status ailment:
- When victory is near:
- "The result of this battle is clear."
- Start of battle:
- When attacking a castle:
- "Eliminate the enemy with haste."
- When defending a castle:
- "Unaware of your own folly..."
- During battle:
- "The outcome of this battle matters little. What matters is that we act in anticipation of what is to come once the battle is over."
- When ordering to attack:
- "Time for <move's name>."
- When ordering to go to battle:
- To a kingdom:
- "There is much to be gained by emerging victorious from this battle."
- To a wild Pokémon location:
- "Let us depart."
- Upon forming a link:
- "Come, <Pokémon's name>."
- When using an item:
- "Here, take my <item>."
- When using his Warrior Skill:
- "This will turn the tide."
- After winning a battle:
- If he attacked a castle:
- "It is unreasonable to expect anything other than a victory for us."
- If he defended a castle:
- "To believe that you could steal this castle was pure folly."
- When defeated:
- If recruitable:
- "Yes... This talent could be enough..."
- If defeated by something other than the enemy:
- "This is but a trifling thing."
- "Not every battle can be won. I seek a greater victory."
- When being recruited:
- "I am honored..."
- When asking to go in a training trip:
- "I wish to strengthen <Pokémon's name>. Will you permit us to take a trip?"
- "I am most indebted to you."
- When returning from a training trip:
- "I have returned. The trip was a good one. It seems that the bond between <Pokémon's name> and I has grown stronger."
- When delegating:
- Before a delegation is chosen:
- "What shall I do for you?"
- After a delegation is chosen:
- ""At your service."
- When a delegation is stopped:
- "I understand."
- When mining:
- When about to mine:
- "Let us begin."
- When successful in mining:
- "I see."
- When unsuccessful in mining:
- At the start of Happily Ever After:
- "It's impossible. The number of people blessed with the ability to communicate with Pokémon will always be limited."
- "You're not..."
- At the start of The Reluctant Genius:
- "Watch your mouth in front of Lord Hideyoshi, Hanbei."
- At the end of The Reluctant Genius:
- "...I was born with this face."
- At the start of The Visionary's Quest:
- "Are you sure about this, Hanbei?"
- "Simply to work hard until we achieve our objective. If we can collect one hundred Pokémon, Lord Hideyoshi will be pleased."
- At the end of The Visionary's Quest:
- "Hanbei... Why did you let me be Warlord...?"
- "...You know that's not my thing."
- "I wouldn't know."
A firm believer that the end justifies the means, he is always focused on his current aim. He and Hanbei are close friends, united by their gifted natures.
Hero/Heroine • Nobunaga • Oichi • Hideyoshi • Motochika • Ginchiyo • Motonari • Mitsuhide • Yoshihiro
|This game character article is part of Project CharacterDex, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each character found in the Pokémon games.|