- If you were looking for the Kail of the Pokémon anime, see Invincible Pokémon Brothers.
- If you were looking for the other characters with the same Japanese name, see Masa.
|| This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: Missing quotes.
Cail (Japanese: マサ Masa) is an NPC who appears in Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness. He has green hair and wears a black jumpsuit. He stands at the entrance of Pyrite Town for the duration of the game and will battle Wes several times throughout it. He is a good but unwilling source of information who only "spills the beans" upon being defeated in battle. He is the only character in the games to have the Trainer class Rogue (Japanese: ゴロツキ Rogue).
Cail is first seen when Wes and Rui first enter Pyrite Town. He tricks Officer Johnson into letting him go with only a warning. As Johnson walks away, Cail chuckles at the man's incompetence.
Later, after Wes has visited the Pyrite Colosseum and hears about Cail having an odd Pokémon from a local Hunter, Wes approaches Cail and they battle. After losing, Cail gripes about being scammed by Miror B.'s claim about Shadow Pokémon and tells Wes that he got his own Shadow Pokémon (a Furret) from the Pyrite Colosseum.
After Wes has defeated Miror B. Cail will battle him again and will have evolved his three normal Pokémon and replaced his Furret with a Granbull. He will battle as many times as the player wishes, one just has to leave town and come back.
Cail as the Pyrite Town Gatekeeper in Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness
After Wes has defeated Evice he receives and e-mail on his P★DA from Secc. He goes to meet him and he tells him that Cail saw a strange Pokémon. Cail and Wes battle, with Cail losing again and telling Wes that he battled a Trainer in a flashy outfit who used a Shadow Pokémon. It will be the Pokémon that is strong against the Johto Starter Pokémon that Wes chose to Snag in Phenac City. Cail directs Wes to Snagem Hideout. During this battle, all of Cail's applicable Pokémon will have evolved again.
After that battle, for an unknown reason, Cail's levels and evolutions revert to what they were after Wes defeated Miror B.
In Pokémon XD, Cail is the self-appointed gatekeeper of Pyrite Town. When spoken to, Cail claims that will not let Michael into Pyrite Town without a battle, although it is entirely possible to just run right past him. Other than that, he plays no significant role.
- Pyrite Town
- "Hah? What's that? You're wanting to know if I have a weird Pokémon? Hehe. If you want to know that much, you may as well see it with your own eyes!"
- Being defeated: "M-My Shadow Pokémon!"
- After battle: "Bah! That was it? That lying Miror B.! He came up with that fancy tough-sounding name, Shadow Pokémon, but it was no big deal! You guys be careful, too. Don't be played for a sucker. That's about all they'll give you if you win at the Colosseum."
- "What did you say?! You put the boot to Miror B.? That's a surprise. But it doesn't matter if that clown's here or not. Either way, it doesn't change the fact that Pyrite's the town for battling. Get ready for this!"
- Being defeated: "I couldn't do it again!"
- After battle: "Moan... I've learned how tough you are battling. It's a full-body experience."
Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness
- Pyrite Town
- "There goes Marcia tearing off like a tornado, as usual. There goes one busy girl."
- "Huh? What's up with you, kid? Why are you giving me the eye like that? Do you know who I am? I'm Cail. They call me the gatekeeper of Pyrite!"
- "Hehe! That smoldering look says you're raring to challenge me. If it's a battle you want, I'm here!"
- "All right, then! I'll show you what being Cail, the gatekeeper of Pyrite, is all about!"
- Being defeated: "Gwooh!"
- After battle: "Hey, kid! I have to hand it to you. You have to be good to beat Cail, Pyrite's gatekeeper."
- "I redid my training, you see. So, how about we battle?"
- "All right! I, Cail, will show you my thoroughly refined power!"
In other languages