Ancha on ONBS in Pokémon XD
Ancha (Japanese: ツミキ Tsumiki) is a Newscaster who appears in Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness.
Ancha is a minor character in Colosseum, in which she is a rookie reporter. Her only role is to report on the mischief Fein caused throughout Orre. The player encounters her at the Outskirt Stand when they arrive to challenge Fein. She disappears and is not seen again in the game once Fein is defeated for the first time, regardless of whether or not his Shadow Togetic is Snagged. Identical-looking Newscasters also appear on television news broadcasts and during "The Under Time" with Venus, though it is unclear if they are related in some way.
Ancha returns in Pokémon XD as the star newscaster for ONBS, a job that she takes very seriously. She appears to have many fans from all over Orre. Even Cipher has at least one Ancha fan in their ranks, as a Cipher Peon attempts to obtain her autograph during the ONBS takeover. A cameraman who works at the station mentions the events of five years ago when complimenting her talent, explaining that she was prone to "on-air disasters" when she started her career.
- Outskirt Stand
- "This is rookie reporter Ancha, live on the scene! A shocking new development has emerged!"
- "Just when the battle ended, another shady man appeared. And he looks exactly the same as the other man! What's going to happen here? I, Ancha, will remain on the scene to bring you this breaking story!"
- "Oh, my gosh! While I bring you this report solo, the sinister man is approaching me! Aiyeeeh!"
- "Oh, my gosh! The perpetrator of the attacks wasn't this trainer, but an imposter! This is a major scoop! It's a huge break in the story!"
Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness
- "I'm Ancha. I'm a newscaster here at ONBS."
- "My job is to deliver the news to as many people as possible. When I was starting out, I did experience some close calls. But still, I find this job to be fulfilling."
- During Cipher's ONBS invasion
- "Thanks for your help! I don't think anyone expected the ONBS to be made the target. But you watch. We'll get this story out on the news in a big way."
Her English name comes from anchor, a common title for newscasters.
In other languages