Vander in Pokémon XD
|Trainer class||Area Leader|
|Games||Pokémon Colosseum, Pokémon XD|
Vander (Japanese: セネティ Seneti) is an Area Leader of Mt. Battle that appears in Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness. He is the first Area Leader of Mt. Battle and occupies the platform for Zone 10.
In Pokémon Colosseum, Wes first meets him at Mt. Battle after it is attacked by Cipher. After fighting through the first nine Zones, Cipher Admin Dakim is seen trying to "persuade" Vander to hand over a Time Flute, which the Area Leader had stumbled upon by chance while training. Despite facing both verbal and even physical abuse from Dakim, Vander stands his ground. After Wes defeats Dakim and forces Cipher to retreat, Vander hands the Time Flute over to Wes in gratitude for saving him.
Later, Wes can return to Mount Battle and make his way through Area 1 once more to challenge Vander. Being the first Area Leader, he naturally has lower-leveled Pokémon, though that may be simply because of his job and not a result of being unskilled as a Trainer.
In Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness, Michael visits Mt. Battle to meet Vander in regards to reports of suspicious activity in the desert. After fighting the first two Area 1 Trainers, Vander appears and asks that Michael have a Pokémon battle with one of his students. Upon defeat, Vander points him in the direction of the Cipher Lab. Later, when Mt. Battle reopens, Michael can battle Vander at the end of Area 1.
Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness
- Mt. Battle
- Before battling Dakim
- "Y-you treacherous swine... H-how could you refuse to battle? Urrgh!"
- After defeating Dakim
- "Ow, that wasn't an experience I'd ever want to have again. I'm glad you came to my rescue. Thank you!"
- "I'm Vander. I'm an Area Leader here at Mt Battle."
- "Hm. What you've told me explained a lot. Thanks to you, I know exactly why they attacked us. This is the Time Flute. I happened to find it while I was on my training trek."
- "It's said that the Time Flute will summon Celebi, but just once. There must be something about Celebi that frightens them. They obviously don't want Celebi to encounter Shadow Pokémon. But let's not spend any more time here. Let's go back."
- Mt. Battle Reception
- "Of course you may. I'd rather have you use that Time Flute than have those crooks take it by force. Use it, and save the Shadow Pokémon from their sinister plans."
- Returning to Mt. Battle
- "Hi, <player>! I've been waiting for you! Are you ready for some serious training? Even though you saved me, a battle's a battle! Let's not waste any time!"
- Being defeated: "Fantastic!"
- After being defeated: "You've cleared Area 1. Congratulations! You really are talented. Now, go on. Someone will give you Poké Coupons in the Break Room."
Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness
- Mt. Battle
- "Oh? Are you a battle challenger? I hate to disappoint you, but we're not running the challenge right now. We're in training, you see."
- " Oh? Eagun sent you to see me? Oh, to hear about the desert! Understood! I'll be happy to give you my account."
- "But before I do that, I've got a little request. Just on appearance, you look to be an outstanding Trainer. I'm certain my eyes aren't deceiving me."
- "So, here's my request. To finish up my novice Trainer's session, I'd like you to treat him to a battle!"
- "Yes! Just as I thought! That was a well-played battle."
- "Why, it made me want to jump in and join the fray, too. Anyways, we should talk. But this isn't the place for that. Let's go back to reception."
- Mt. Battle reception
- "In the desert south of here, there's a Cipher research facility. It's been there since the Shadow Pokémon incident."
- "It seemed to be abandoned for a long time. But recently, I've seen groups of shady characters going inside."
- "This is where the research lab was at."
- If spoken to again
- "Shady characters were seen at the lab in the desert in the south. Are they somehow connected to Professor Krane's abduction?"
In other languages
|This game character article is part of Project CharacterDex, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each character found in the Pokémon games.|