Pokémon Quiz (Japanese: ポケモン クイズ Pokémon Quiz) is a question-and-answer segment used in the Japanese and Korean versions of the XY series, as opposed to the Who's That Pokémon? segment used in the English dub.
Each Pokémon Quiz starts by featuring the silhouette of a Pokémon on a large card. Then, to the right, four smaller cards with silhouettes appear. One card has a silhouette identical to the first, two have silhouettes of similar Pokémon species, and the remaining Joker card has the silhouette of Team Rocket. The objective is for the viewers to find the matching card and remember its location. After the commercial break, the quiz reveals the solution, as well as the identities of the Pokémon species silhouetted.
List of quizzes
The correct answers are in bold.
- A running gag is that whenever Team Rocket hosts the segment, James gets cut off or has trouble saying his part.
- In XY010, two cards presenting Piplup and Oshawott below right to Chespin and Team Rocket decoy cards are likely a reference to Dawn's and Ash's.
- XY051 and XY079 are the only episodes that don't present the Team Rocket decoy card.
- XY078 is the only episode not to feature this segment.
- In XY087, the answer is Tyrantrum, but only its silhouette is shown.
- In XY133 and XY136, the two other Pokémon, Charizard and Infernape in XY133 and Sceptile and Krookodile in XY136 are Pokémon that Ash has.
In other languages