- If you were looking for the Mega Evolution Trainer in the anime, see Mabel.
Artwork from X and Y
|Trainer class||Team Flare|
|Games||X and Y|
|Member of||Team Flare|
|Anime debut||From A to Z!|
|English voice actor||Laurie Hymes|
|Japanese voice actor||Sayuri Hara|
Mable (Japanese: モミジ Momiji) is one of five Team Flare scientists in Pokémon X and Y.
In the games
Mable is one of five Team Flare scientists that are the driving force behind the team, being distinguishable with her blue hair. She is first seen in the Frost Cavern agitating an Abomasnow with two Team Flare Grunts.
Pokémon X and Y
Pokémon X and Y
- First meeting
- "This Abomasnow is a fine specimen! It's absolutely brimming with energy. The more we agitate it, the stronger its Snow Warning Ability becomes, making the snow fall even more furiously. Let's catch it swiftly and get out of here."
- "What does it look like? We're catching Pokémon. Why else would we have grabbed all of those Poké Balls? It was all so we could catch powerful Pokémon like this Abomasnow. It's full of potent energy!"
- "You're not the brightest one, are you? Whoever has the most Pokémon and the most energy will come out on top! Lazy people who just wait for things to be handed to them don't get to have these resources!"
- "Allow me to spell it out for you! It's so Team Flare--and only Team Flare--can survive! After all, why should we care about saving people who aren't on our side? Anyway, I don't mind a healthy curiosity, but I'm afraid I just don't have any more time for you."
- "You two--hurry up and send these kids packing!"
- Before battle
- "Hmm... You're more powerful than you look. I wonder how much energy there is inside you."
- Being defeated
- "Not just strong... TOO strong! Not ordinary, indeed..."
- After being defeated
- "Hrmph! I've no patience for losing. Let's get out of here!"
- Before battle
- "Oh, oh, oh, oh? You're that kid from the Frost Cavern... On your lonesome this time?"
- Yes: "Oooh, that's cold! Colder than that cavern! ♪ Your Pokémon don't even count for anything?
- No: "Oh! Well, of course you're not! You have your Pokémon, huh?
- Either way: We gather data all about the Trainers in the region through the Holo Caster, so we know all about you guys. And you know how the Mega Ring is used to awaken a Pokémon's power, right? Just like how the ultimate weapon can max out a Pokémon's power. Heheh... Looks like you and me are practically after the same thing, yeah?"
- Being defeated
- "Oooh, you are strong! You and your Pokémon are most certainly not ordinary!"
- After being defeated
- "Ding-ding-ding! Yup, you did it! To the victor goes the spoils! Here! An elevator key for you!"
- "The power of the Legendary Pokémon... The power to grant life to all around it...X/The power to steal life from all around it...Y It's a mysterious ability that even scientists like us haven't been able to really decode. What d'you think will happen to the world if we fuel the ultimate weapon with something like that?"
|VS model from|
X and Y
|Overworld model from|
X and Y
In the anime
In the past, Mable, alongside Lysandre and the other Team Flare Scientists, would help those in need, until Lysandre became disillusioned with the human race and sought to restart the world.
Mable debuted in From A to Z!. She was first seen leading a group of Team Flare Grunts in Terminus Cave, where they attempted to capture 50% Zygarde. However, all of their Pokémon's combined attacks didn't even phase the Legendary Pokémon, which used Land's Wrath on the villainous team members before disappearing. Mable was later seen informing Lysandre and Xerosic of the failure of her mission.
Mable briefly appeared in Meeting at Terminus Cave! in a video call with Xerosic, where she and Aliana were ordered to head to Z2 after Team Flare discovered its location thanks to their sensors.
In An Explosive Operation!, she, Aliana, and several Team Flare Grunts were trying to capture Z2. She managed to hit Z2 with a beam from her specialized gun, preventing Z2 from camouflaging itself. When she and Aliana ordered their Pokémon, Weavile and Druddigon, to attack Z2, it transformed into its 10% Forme and used its powerful attacks to defeat Team Flare and managed to escape. She and Aliana caught up to it, only to face Team Rocket, who wanted Z2 for themselves. Due to Team Rocket's intervention, Z2 managed to escape once again. Team Flare, however, quickly found them and a battle between both teams took place. After a prolonged struggle, Team Flare emerged victorious and managed to corner Z2. This, however, triggered Z2 to transform to its 50% Forme and it easily blew Mable and the others back. As Z2 was about to finish them off, Alain and his Charizard interfered and battled Z2 to buy her and Aliana time. While Z2 was battling, she and Aliana surprised it by shooting it with their laser guns, finally bringing it down and captured it, completing their mission.
During Team Flare's attack on Lumiose City, Mable had been ordered to stay at Lysandre Labs. In Coming Apart at the Dreams!, she and Celosia saw a helicopter containing Serena, Mairin, Professor Sycamore, and Team Rocket nearing Lysandre Labs through their security cameras. In the following episode, Mable tried taking down the helicopter with her Weavile, but she was attacked by Steven and his Metagross. She and several Team Flare Grunts then faced Steven in battle, but were presumably defeated. In Rocking Kalos Defenses!, Mable joined Celosia in her battle against Team Rocket. However, the two Scientists were quickly defeated and subdued.
This article is missing information on this character's Japanese voice actor and English voice actor.
You can help by adding this information.
|Houndoom appeared in From A to Z!, during Team Flare's attempt to capture Z2 in Terminus Cave. It, however, was easily defeated by the Order Pokémon's Land's Wrath.
Houndoom's only known move is Flamethrower.
|Debut||From A to Z!|
|Weavile debuted in An Explosive Operation!, where it attacked Zygarde alongside Aliana's Druddigon. When Z2 transformed to its 10% Forme, it was easily beaten back. It was later used twice against Team Rocket to try to retrieve Z2. While it failed to defeat their Pokémon the first time it succeeded the second time and managed to corner Z2. It, however, was blown back once more when Z2 transformed to its 50% Forme. After Z2 was brought down, Weavile and Druddigon were used to blast Team Rocket off.
In The Right Hero for the Right Job!, Mable used Weavile to attack the helicopter that Serena, Team Rocket, Mairin, and Professor Sycamore were using to approach Lysandre Labs. After the arrvial of Steven, Weavile and several Team Grunt's Pokémon battled Steven's Metagross, but were presumably defeated. Weavile appeared again in the next episode, where it aided Celosia's Drapion in its battle against Team Rocket. After its and Drapion's attacks were countered by Jessie's Wobbuffet's Mirror Coat, the two Pokemon and their Trainer's were subdued by Team Rocket's net.
Weavile's known moves are Metal Claw, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, and Ice Shard.
|Debut||An Explosive Operation!|
In the manga
Mable debuted in X-actly What They Wanted. She, Aliana, and a group of Team Flare Grunts traveled to Vaniville Town to steal X's Mega Ring. While protecting her Trainer from the two scientists, X's Kanga was injured. This angered Kanga's baby, Li'l Kanga, who reacted to the Mega Ring and Mega Evolved into Mega Kangaskhan and easily drove the villains off.
In Inn-teresting Developments, X's friends stayed at an Aquacorde Town inn while he slept in the tent on Y's Rhyhorn's back. The inn was a trap designed to keep Y and the others inside while Mable and Aliana tried to steal Li'l Kanga when X wasn't looking. Y broke out and informed X of the situation, but when he tried to Mega Evolve Li'l Kanga again, it failed. With no other options, X and Y teamed up with Chespin and Froakie to defeat the scientists. X had Chespin pin Mable and Aliana to a tree with Pin Missile, preventing them from chasing the Vaniville children as they fled to a nearby forest.
In The Aegislash Agenda, Mable and Aliana met with Bryony and Xerosic at the Team Flare Secret HQ. They were informed that their repeat failures have led to Celosia taking over their duties.
In PS578, Mable and the other female scientists witnessed X trying to break into the Secret HQ. Noting Celosia hadn't slept since she brought Xerneas back to base, Mable and Aliana offered to stop X in her place, only for Bryony to tell them to return to their stations. Later, after the ultimate weapon was stopped by X and his friends, Mable and Aliana helped Bryony up after she was defeated by Y and her newly-caught Xerxer.
In PS589, Mable and the other female scientists each intercepted Y and her friends to prevent them from reaching the Pokémon Village. Mable picked Tierno as her opponent. Although Mable proved to be powerful, she was defeated when Tierno's Corphish evolved into Crawdaunt, giving it the power to take down Mable and her Houndoom at the same time.
|Houndoom is Mable's only known Pokémon. She was first used to attack X to steal his Mega Ring. She attacked Y when she attempted to protect X, only to be defeated by X's Li'l Kanga after she Mega Evolved into Mega Kangaskhan. At Aquacorde Town, she was used to try and capture X's Li'l Kanga. While X and Chespin fought Aliana and her Diggersby, Froakie fought Houndoom. Later, she was used to fight Tierno's Corphish on the route to Pokémon Village. After Corphish evolved into a Crawdaunt, it defeated both Houndoom and her Trainer with a powerful Guillotine.
Houndoom's known moves are Flamethrower and Inferno.
|Debut||X-actly What They Wanted|
- Mable was designed by Rafal Gosieniecki.
|Japanese||モミジ Momiji||From 紅葉 momiji (Japanese maple). Represents the M in the classification of solar flares.|
|German||Magnolia||From the genus Magnolia|
|Spanish||Melia||From the genus Melia|
|French||Myosotis||From the genus Myosotis (forget-me-not)|
|Italian||Martynia||From the genus Martynia|
|Korean||모미지 Momiji||Transcription of her Japanese name|
|Chinese (Mandarin)||茉蜜姬 Mòmìjī||Transcription of her Japanese name|
|Chinese (Cantonese)||茉蜜姬 Muhtmahtgēi||Mandarin-based transcription of her Japanese name|
|This game character article is part of Project CharacterDex, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each character found in the Pokémon games.|