Harper and Sarah
This article is missing information on this character's Japanese voice actor.
You can help by adding this information.
|This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: Name origins
|Harper & Sarah|
ホウとスイ Hō & Sui
Sarah (left) and Harper (right)
|Eye color||Blue (both)|
|Hair color||Blue (both)|
|Relatives||Unnamed father and mother, Lana (older sister)|
|Trainer class||Twins (Double Battle)|
|Games||Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, and Ultra Moon|
|Anime debut||Yo, Ho, Ho! Go, Popplio!|
|English voice actor||Harper: Eileen Stevens (SM005-SM059)|
Harper: Haven Paschall (SM082-present)
Sarah: Kate Bristol (SM005-SM059)
Sarah: Emily Cramer (SM082-present)
|Japanese voice actor||N/A|
Harper (Japanese: ホウ Hō) and Sarah (Japanese: スイ Sui) are characters appearing in Pokémon Sun and Moon and the Pokémon anime. They are the younger twin sisters of Lana.
In the anime
Harper and Sarah appeared as recurring characters in Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon. They debuted in Yo, Ho, Ho! Go, Popplio!, when Lana brought Ash over to her house. The twins immediately took a liking to Ash's Pikachu and started pulling at his face, much to Pikachu's dislike. The twins also wondered if Ash was Lana's boyfriend, though Lana quickly denied this. Shortly after, Pikachu had enough of Harper and Sarah's antics and used Thunderbolt to shock them both, as well as Ash, Rowlet, Lana, Lana's Popplio, and Rotom.
Harper and Sarah visited the Pokémon School along with their mother during the Family Visit Day in Alolan Open House!, and later in Lillier and the Staff! to watch Lana perform in a school play.
In The Dex Can't Help It!, Harper and Sarah gathered around a fan, only to be shocked when Rotom appeared inside it.
Harper and Sarah reappeared during a flashback in Tasting the Bitter with the Sweet!, where they informed Lana about their encounter with a Drampa while they were lost in the forest. Lana immediately remembered her own encounter with a Drampa, so she, Mallow, and Ash went out to locate it.
In All They Want to Do is Dance Dance!, Harper and Sarah performed in Lana and Popplio's water balloon routine for a PokéDance concert held at the Pokémon School.
After Lana complained of her sisters' obsession with haunted houses, her friends opted to transform the school into a haunted house attraction for the twins in A Haunted House for Everyone!. Harper and Sarah enjoyed the experience and were unfazed even with the arrival of some Ghost Pokémon. A Mismagius later transported everyone into a world of illusions, during which Harper and Sarah ignored Lana's commands and continued to get lost within it. They all escaped unharmed after Komala intervened, though the twins remained unaware that they were in any danger.
In We Know Where You're Going, Eevee!, Harper and Sarah played with Popplio and Lana's newly caught Eevee before greeting their father as he returned home.
Harper and Sarah briefly appeared in Thank You, Alola! The Journey Continues!, where they watched as Lana was about to leave with on her sea voyage with their father.
Harper and Sarah are easily excitable, especially around Pokémon. Their playing tends to be a little rough, like in Yo, Ho, Ho! Go, Popplio!, where they were pulling on Pikachu's cheeks so hard that it got them shocked; and in The Ol' Raise and Switch!, where they were recklessly jumping on Turtonator's back.
The twins enjoy spending time with their older sister Lana. They also enjoy teasing her, often embarrassing Lana in the process. For example, they asked if Ash is her boyfriend in Yo, Ho, Ho! Go, Popplio! and All They Want to Do is Dance Dance!. However, they are capable of complying with Lana, such as in A Haunted House for Everyone!, where, after they ignored all of her commands and continued to explore the illusory world, Lana's ominous scolding was all that it took to frighten them into submission.
The twins often fight over certain things, such as a fan in The Dex Can't Help It! and a Magikarp pillow in the Poké Problem segment of SM094.
In the games
Harper and Sarah can be found in Lana's house in Konikoni City. After defeating OliviaSM or becoming ChampionUSUM, the player can speak to them, and they will ask the player to play with them. After defeating Harper and Sarah in a Double Battle, Lana will come in and apologize for any trouble they may have caused. The player will then be able to battle Lana.
This is a list of Harper and Sarah's Pokémon in the games:
Pokémon Sun and Moon
Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon
Pokémon Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon
- Left twin: "Who are you, mister/lady? Are you one of Sissy's friends?"
- Right twin: "It's a stranger! Who are you? Who are you?"
- Left twin: "Wow! An island challenge amulet!"
- Right twin: "Sissy isn't here! But I think she's coming home, soon."
- Right twin: "Play with us till Sissy comes home!"
- What?: Right twin: "Meanie! Big, stinky meanie! Come on, play with us! Play with us till Sissy comes home!"
- OK: Left twin: "Then I wanna have a battle! Let's do a moldy battle!"
- Right twin: "It's not a moldy battle! It's a Multi Battle! We'll have a Multi Battle!"
- Right twin: "Yeah, that. So what do you say? You ready, Mr. Trainer guy/Miss Trainer lady?"
- Not yet: Left twin: "Come on! Hurry up and get ready already!"
- You're on!:
- If the player has only one Pokémon in their party
- Right twin: "Come on! You can't fight without enough Pokémon!"
- Upon being defeated
- Harper: "Luvdisc!"
- Sarah: "Corsola!"
- Left twin: "Wowzers! You are sure strong, Mr. Trainer guy/Miss Trainer lady!"
- Right twin: "You might even be stronger than Sissy!"
- Left twin: "Sissy!"
- Right twin: "Welcome home!"
- Left twin: "Mr. Trainer guy/Miss Trainer lady was playing with us!"
- Right twin: "He/She is really strong. Did you know that?"
- Left twin: "Hey, Sissy! Sissy!"
- Right twin: "Who's probably stronger? You or this Trainer? Like, if you were REALLY trying?"
- Left twin: "Yeah, who?"
- Right twin: "Who's stronger? Are you stronger?"
- Left twin: "But we wanna know who's stronger!"
- Right twin: "Battle him/her!"
- Left twin: "Come on! Do it!"
- Right twin: "Battle! Battle!"
- Left twin: "All right!"
- Right twin: "We knew you would do it!"
- Left twin: "Go on! Beat him/her, Sissy!"
- Right twin: "Show him/her what you've got!"
- Left twin: "No way! She lost! Sissy actually lost!"
- Right twin: "That's amazing! Mr. Trainer guy/Miss Trainer lady is amazing!"
- Left twin: "How boring! I can't believe Sissy lost! Poo. I'm going home."
- Right twin: "Me, too! Gimme a piggyback ride!"
- If talked to again
- Left twin: "Hey, strong Mr. Trainer guy/Miss Trainer lady!"
- Right twin: "Hiya, Mr. Trainer guy/Miss Trainer lady!"
|Japanese||ホウ Hō||From 放水 hōsui (water spray)|
|Italian||Sabrina||From the name Sabrina and possibly brina (frost)|
|Similar to her Japanese name|
From 호수 Hosu (lake)
|Chinese (Mandarin)||詩婷 / 诗婷 Shītíng||Similar to her sister's name|
|Chinese (Cantonese)||詩婷 Siting||Similar to her sister's name|
|Japanese||スイ Sui||From 放水 hōsui (water spray)|
|Italian||Giada||From the Italian name Giada and possibly rugiada (dew)|
|Similar to her Japanese name|
From 호수 Hosu (lake)
|Chinese (Mandarin)||詩涵 / 诗涵 Shīhán||Contains 涵 hán (contain; soak)|
|Chinese (Cantonese)||詩涵 Sihaam||Contains 涵 haam (contain; soak)|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Sara||Similar to her English name|
|This game character article is part of Project CharacterDex, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each character found in the Pokémon games.|