|This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
Herba Mystica (Japanese: 秘伝スパイス Secret Spice) are a group of five special ingredients in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, found rarely in Paldea.
According to the Scarlet BookS/Violet BookV, they were originally found in the Great Crater of Paldea, specifically Area Zero 200 years ago. When researchers tried to cultivate them elsewhere in Paldea, they were taken by wild Pokémon, which became Titan Pokémon as a result of the herbs' effects.
Each Herba Mystica supposedly has a different health effect depending on the herb that is used.
- Sweet Herba Mystica is good for gut health such as aiding in digestion, curing stomachaches, and stimulating one's appetite.
- Bitter Herba Mystica is good for one's blood circulation and helps warm up the body, even boosting the immune system.
- Salty Herba Mystica is good for alleviating aching hands and feet. It also aids in healing neuropathy injuries such as numbness and muscle weakness.
- Sour Herba Mystica is full of nutrients to help heal people who are tired, specifically those who are physically or mentally exhausted.
- Spicy Herba Mystica helps boost metabolism and circulation in order to help flush out both toxins and sweat.
In the Path of Legends story, Arven requests the player's assistance in finding some Herba Mystica of each flavor. These are obtained by defeating Titan Pokémon and are immediately used by Arven, so they are not added to the player's Bag.
The player can obtain Herba Mystica for themselves as possible rewards from 5-star, 6-star, and 7-star Tera Raid Battles. These can be used in sandwich making.
The five flavors of Herba Mystica are Sweet, Bitter, Salty, Sour, and Spicy. Five Titan Pokémon each guard a cavern where one of these variants can be found during the Path of Legends story line.
- The Sweet Herba Mystica is guarded by the Stony Cliff Titan Klawf, in the South Province (Area Three).
- The Bitter Herba Mystica is guarded by the Open Sky Titan Bombirdier, in the West Province (Area One).
- The Salty Herba Mystica is guarded by the Lurking Steel Titan Orthworm, in the East Province (Area Three).
- The Sour Herba Mystica is guarded by the Quaking Earth Titan Great TuskS/Iron TreadsV, in the Asado Desert.
- The Spicy Herba Mystica is guarded by the False Dragon Titan, consisting of a Dondozo and a Tatsugiri, found on Casseroya Lake.
|Sweet Herba Mystica||Bitter Herba Mystica||Salty Herba Mystica||Sour Herba Mystica||Spicy Herba Mystica|
The Herba Mystica obtained by the player can be used in making sandwiches during picnics. Preset recipes can be learned by the player if they show each Herba Mystica to an NPC present near the counter of any branch of Every Which Way. Each flavor is associated with one variant of Jambon-Beurre, one Legendary sandwich, and some Master-rank sandwiches.
Saguaro requests a Sweet Herba Mystica for his final event at Naranja AcademyS/Uva AcademyV. The player can give him one serving of the requested herb to get a Slowpoke Cup in exchange.
- Herba Mystica can be abbreviated as "HM", alluding to Koraidon and Miraidon's capabilities replacing HMs in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet. The names for Herba Mystica in other languages except German likewise reflect this, being named similarly to HMs in the respective languages.
- The Salty Herba Mystica is the only one to not share the same naming convention as the flavors used in contests, where it would be referred to as "Dry".
In other languages