The Kanto Fair (Japanese: カントーフェア Kanto Fair) is an event that appeared in The Fires of a Red-Hot Reunion!. The purpose of the fair is to show off the culture and products of the Kanto region for people in Unova.
Ash and his friends visited it after passing through Virbank City on their way to the White Ruins.
One of the Kanto Fair's main attractions is an open-air market filled with decorations depicting Pokémon from the Kanto region. One of the vendors is the Magikarp salesman.
Another key attraction is a presentation showing the starter Pokémon from Kanto: Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle. The first part of the presentation is a video of Professor Oak in his Lab, introducing the starter Pokémon to the audience. After this, the fair's host presents the Pokémon in the flesh to show off their special moves.
When Ash and his friends attended, this presentation was interrupted early because the featured Charmander became dizzy while performing a spinning Ember attack and stumbled into a light fixture, knocking over part of the stage and requiring medical attention at the local Pokémon Center.
- Professor Oak (via video presentation)
- Tracey Sketchit (via video presentation)
- Kanto Fair Host
- Magikarp salesman
- Pikachu (Ash's)
- Axew (Iris's)
- Magikarp (Magikarp salesman's)
- Bulbasaur (starter Pokémon; via video presentation)
- Charmander (starter Pokémon; via video presentation)
- Squirtle (starter Pokémon; via video presentation)
- Charmander (Kanto Fair Host's)
Pokémon depicted in decorations
- The Kanto Fair bears similarities to the Johto Festival. Both were events meant to promote a region that Ash has already traveled through to people in a new region. Also, both the Kanto Fair and the Johto Festival had all three starter Pokémon from their region present.
In other languages
|This episode article is part of Project Anime, a Bulbapedia project that covers all aspects of the Pokémon anime.|