Generations III to IV
Generations V onward
Instead of boosting Bug-type moves' power, Swarm now technically boosts the Pokémon's Attack or Special Attack by 50% during damage calculation if a Bug-type move is being used, resulting in effectively the same effect.
Outside of battle
Pokémon with Swarm
In other games
In Pokémon Conquest, Swarm will increase user's Attack if the Pokémon using it is below ⅓ of its HP.
In the anime
|The Pokémon's Bug-type moves become more powerful when it gets tired or weak.|
|User||First Used In||Notes|
|Leavanny||When Leavanny becomes tired out or weak, its body becomes surrounded by a light-green aura, powering up its Bug-type moves.|
|Ash's Leavanny||Strong Strategy Steals the Show!||Debut|
In the manga
- In volume 23, Blue's Scizor was revealed to have Swarm as his Ability.
- Moon's Grubbin was revealed to have Swarm as his Ability in the PokéSPedia data-book.
- Giovanni's Beedrill was revealed to have Swarm as his Ability.
- Winona's Beautifly was revealed to have Swarm as its Ability.
- Alder's Escavalier was revealed to have Swarm as its Ability.
- Emmet's Durant was revealed to have Swarm as its Ability.
- A Roughneck's Mothim was revealed to have Swarm as his Ability.
- A Scolipede controlled by Colress was revealed to have Swarm as its Ability.
In other languages
|Variations of the Ability Overgrow|
|Overgrow • Blaze • Torrent • Swarm|
|This article is part of Project Moves and Abilities, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on two related aspects of the Pokémon games.|