Shell Armor (Ability)
Shell Armor (Japanese: シェルアーマー Shell Armor) is an Ability introduced in Generation III.
Shell Armor prevents Pokémon from receiving a critical hit, even if they would usually always land one such as with Frost Breath, Storm Throw, Wicked Blow, Surging Strikes, or with Merciless (if the target is poisoned).
Outside of battle
Shell Armor has no effect outside of battle.
Pokémon with Shell Armor
In other games
In the manga
|A hard shell protects the Pokémon from hits to its weak spots.|
|User||First Chapter Used In||Notes|
|Crawdaunt||Crawdaunt's shell protects it from hits to its weak spots.|
|A wild Crawdaunt||Stick This in Your Craw, Crawdaunt II||Debut|
- In the Japan Mini-volume 6 for the X & Y chapter, Tierno's Crawdaunt was revealed to have Shell Armor as its Ability.
- Giovanni's Cloyster is revealed to have Shell Armor as his Ability.
- Lorelei's Shellder is revealed to have Shell Armor as her Ability.
- Wallace's Clamperl is revealed to have Shell Armor as its Ability.
- This Ability originated as a TCG Pokémon Power.
- Together with Protean, these are the only Abilities that more than one starter Pokémon line can have as their Hidden Ability.
In other languages
|Variations of the Ability Battle Armor|
|Battle Armor • Shell Armor|
|This article is part of Project Moves and Abilities, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on two related aspects of the Pokémon games.|