Under The Alolan Sun
|English opening themes||
|Under The Alolan Sun|
| Dub OP 20
Under The Alolan Sun is the opening theme song for the English dub of the twentieth season, Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon. It was used from Alola to New Adventure! to When Regions Collide!. The opening animation is composed of clips from the first Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon Japanese opening, Alola!!, and The Guardian's Challenge!, while the ending animation is composed of clips from the first Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon Japanese ending, Pose.
I could get used to this heat on my skin
I can feel every day, I'm a little bit stronger
I only wish each day was longer
Yeah! We're having fun in the sun (the Alolan sun)
Week after week
It's just like we're on vacation
Yeah! Now our journey's begun,
Friends 'til the end
Number one's our destination
Under the Alolan sun
- Pikachu (Ash's)
- Meowth (Team Rocket)
- Wobbuffet (Jessie's)
- Rotom (Rotom Pokédex)
- Rowlet (Ash's)
- Rockruff (Ash's)
- Litten (Ash's)
- Popplio (Lana's)
- Charizard (Kiawe's; Ride Pokémon)
- Turtonator (Kiawe's)
- Togedemaru (Sophocles's)
- Bounsweet (Mallow's)
- Mimikyu (Jessie's)
- Comfey (Nurse Joy's)
- Bewear (anime)
- Exeggutor (Alolan Form)
- Wingull (×3)
Opening animation spoilers
- SM001 - SM008: The original animation. Lillie holds nothing in her arms.
- SM009 - SM012: Lillie holds the Egg in her arms.
- SM013 - SM017: Lillie holds Snowy in her arms.
- SM018 - SM036: Mallow's Bounsweet is now shown as a Steenee.
- SM037 - SM043: Ash's Rockruff is now shown as a Dusk Form Lycanroc. Lana is now shown wearing her Z-Ring.
|This video is not available on Bulbapedia; instead, you can watch the video on YouTube here.|
- An instrumental version of this song was used in That's Why the Litten is a Scamp!, Partner Promises!, Alolan Open House!, Big Sky, Small Fry!, The Young Flame Strikes Back!, and Drawn with the Wind!.
- The credits for the song mistakenly spell "Vestigial Horns" as "Vestigal Horns". It was fixed prior to when Loading the Dex! debuted on CITV in the United Kingdom, and before That's Why the Litten is a Scamp! debuted in Canada and the United States.
- This is the first time since Pokémon: Advanced Battle that the closing credits have featured animation rather than text juxtaposed against a black screen. This is also the first time that the closing credits have their own unique animation, rather than using a shortened version of the opening sequence.
- On Netflix, only the first ending variant is used.
In other languages
|Czech||Pod sluncem alolským Under the Alolan sun|
|Danish||I solen fra Alola In the sun of Alola|
|Dutch||Onder de Alolan zon Under the Alolan sun|
|Finnish||Alolan aurinkoon tuu Come to the Alolan sun|
|French||Sous le soleil d'Alola Under the Alolan sun|
|German||Alola ist wunderschön Alola is wonderful|
|Hebrew||!שמש עולה לעולם Sun rises forever!|
|Italian||Perché qui ad Alola puoi Because here in Alola you can|
|Norwegian||Under Alola sin sol Under Alola's sun|
|Polish||A słońce Aloli lśni The Alola's sun shines|
|Portuguese||Brazil||Curtindo a ilha no sol Enjoying the island in the sun|
|Portugal||O sol de Alola é assim Alola's sun is this way|
|Romanian||Sub Soarele Alolan Under the Alolan Sun|
|Russian||Под солнцем Алолы Under the Alolan sun|
|Spanish||Latin America||Al sol de Alolan será Under Alolan's sun it will be|
|Spain||Bajo el sol de Alola Under the Alolan sun|
|Swedish||Under vår Alolasol Under our Alola sun|
|Turkish||Alola Güneşi Bu This is the Alolan Sun|
|English opening themes||
|This article is part of Project Music, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each Pokémon song, CD and musician.|