Clangorous Soulblaze (move)
ブレイジングソウルビート Blazing Soulbeat
Clangorous Soulblaze (Japanese: ブレイジングソウルビート Blazing Soulbeat) is a damage-dealing Dragon-type Z-Move introduced in Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. It is the exclusive Z-Move of Kommo-o and an upgraded version of its signature move, Clanging Scales.
Clangorous Soulblaze inflicts damage to all opposing Pokémon and increases the user's Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed stats by one stage each.
The user's move fails if the opponents are in the semi-invulnerable turn of a move, or if the targets are immune to this move; the user's stats are not raised if the move is unable to damage any of the opposing Pokémon.
Pokémon with the Ability Soundproof are not affected by this move.
The stats raised are part of the Z-Move's effect, rather than a Z-Power Effect, and therefore interacts with move-modifying effects such as Simple and Contrary normally.
Clangorous Soulblaze will become a Water-type move when used by a Pokémon with the Ability Liquid Voice. If the user is affected by Throat Chop, it will be unable to use this move for two turns.
Generation VIII onwards
Clangororus Soulblaze cannot be selected in a battle.
Kommo-o, or a Pokémon transformed into Kommo-o, can use Clangorous Soulblaze if it knows Clanging Scales, holds a Kommonium Z, and if its Trainer wears a Z-Power Ring.
In the anime
|The user gathers Z-Power and blasts the opponent with a devastating shockwave.|
|User||First Used In||Notes|
|Kommo-o||Kommo-o strikes a series of synchronized poses with its Trainer to build Z-Power. It then shakes the scales on its body before leaping into the air and releasing a purple shockwave from its mouth at the opponent.|
|Phil's Kommo-o||All Out, All of the Time!||Debut|
Kommo-o cannot legally use Clangorous Soulblaze in Generation VIII
- Clangorous Soulblaze is the only Z-Move that:
- Does damage and grants stat boosts at the same time.
- Targets multiple opponents.
- Is a sound-based move.
- In the anime, Clangorous Soulblaze is the only Z-Move that:
- Debuted outside of Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon.
- Was used by characters of the day.
- Though Z-Moves have been removed from the core series as of Generation VIII, Kommo-o received a new signature move in this generation, Clangorous Soul; due to having a similar name in all languages, it could be seen as a downgraded version of Clangorous Soulblaze, with the similar effect of increasing the user's stats, but with the drawback of decreasing the user's HP.
In other languages
|This article is part of Project Moves and Abilities, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on two related aspects of the Pokémon games.|