10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt (move)
|10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt|
１０００まんボルト 10,000,000 Volts
10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt (Japanese: 1000まんボルト 10,000,000 Volts) is a damage-dealing Electric-type Z-Move introduced in Generation VII. It is the exclusive Z-Move of any Pikachu in a cap and an upgraded version of its Thunderbolt.
10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt deals damage and has a sharply increased critical hit ratio of +2 stages.
Generation VIII onwards
10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt cannot be selected in a battle.
In other games
|Name||Action Class||Category||Move Gauge||MP||Base Power||Max Power||Accuracy||Target||Effect Tag||Description||Playable Users|
|Best Buds 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt||Sync move||Special||—||—||250||300||—||Default: An opponent||—||Temponaily assume the form of World Cap Pikachu during this Sync Move. Except in certain circumstances, successful hits with this attack become critical hits.||Ash & Pikachu|
|6★ EX: All opponents|
In the anime
|Ash||Alola Cap Pikachu||Ash||World Cap Pikachu|
|Wearing its Trainer's cap, the user gathers Z-Power and attacks the target with powerful rainbow-colored lightning.|
|User||First Used In||Notes|
|Pikachu||Wearing its Trainer's Alola Cap, Pikachu strikes a series of synchronized poses with its Trainer to build Z-Power. It then leaps into the air and absorbs electricity from dark storm-clouds that have formed above it. Pikachu then fires seven bolts of electricity, each a different color of a rainbow, at the opponent.|
|Ash's Pikachu||10,000,000 Reasons to Fight!||Debut|
|Pikachu||Wearing its Trainer's World Cap, Pikachu strikes a series of synchronized poses with its Trainer to build Z-Power. It then leaps into the air and absorbs electricity from dark storm-clouds that have formed above it. Pikachu then fires seven bolts of electricity, each a different color of a rainbow, at the opponent. The lightning bolts can be controlled individually by Pikachu, thus changing trajectory and target.|
|Ash's Pikachu||Ultra Exciting from the Shocking Start!||Pikachu cannot legally use 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt in Generation VIII|
In the manga
|Ash||Alola Cap Pikachu|
|Wearing its Trainer's cap, the user gathers Z-Power and attacks the target with powerful streams of electricity.|
|User||First Chapter Used In||Notes|
|Pikachu||Wearing its Trainer's Alola Cap, Pikachu strikes a series of synchronized poses with its Trainer to build Z-Power. It then releases multiple streams of electricity from its body at the opponent.|
In other generations
Spin-off series games
- This is the only move whose English name starts with a non-alphabetic character.
- The name of this move is partly based on the Japanese name for Thunderbolt, 100,000 Volts. The 10,000,000 figure references that it is an upgrade of Thunderbolt.
- Along with Catastropika, 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt is the only species-exclusive Z-Move to have a unique pose not shared with other Z-Moves of the same type. Coincidentally, both are exclusive to Pikachu, although 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt can only be used by Pikachu in a cap.
- In Pokémon Masters EX, no other sync move has Best Buds 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt's effect.
- Pokémon Masters EX is the only game where World Cap Pikachu can use the Z-Move 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt, as it is unable to perform the move in the main series game.
- Even though Z-Moves cannot be used in Generation IX, this move is mentioned by Iono after being defeated in Scarlet and Violet.
In other languages
|This article is part of Project Moves and Abilities, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on two related aspects of the Pokémon games.|