- This article is about the opening song. For CD, see Summerly Slope (CD).
|The subject of this article has no official English name.|
The name currently in use is a fan translation of the Japanese name.
|Japanese opening themes||
|BW OP 03
|Epic Records Japan single
Summerly Slope (Japanese: 夏めく坂道 Natsumeku Sakamichi) is the third and final Japanese opening theme of Pokémon the Series: Black & White. It debuted in BW123 in the Decolora Adventure arc of the second season of the series, replacing Be an Arrow! 2013. It was replaced by V (Volt).
An Alomomola and a Magikarp are swimming underwater. The series logo appears emerging out of the water. Ash, Iris, Cilan, Pikachu, and Axew are on a cruise ship. A Sunflora appears on a sunflower field. It cuts to a scene where Ash and his friends are running and jumping happily with their Pokémon. A field of Bug Pokémon is shown. As the sun rises, Porter is on a cruise ship with Mrs. Ripple's Purrloin and Watchog. Multiple Swanna, Swablu, and Altaria are also seen flying near the ship. Next, Jessie, James, and Meowth are riding in their submarine. A giant Zoroark picks up the submarine and the Team Rocket trio runs off. After that, Chili poses with his Pokémon followed with Cress, Alexa (Professor Juniper in BW123-BW134), and Clair. A comparison of the original design and the redesign of Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny is shown. This is followed with several Ghost Pokémon and Jirachi appearing during the night. As Ash and his friends are looking over the horizon, Mewtwo flies to the sun. Delia and Mimey are at home looking at the sky. Professor Oak and Tracey are doing lab work on Bulbasaur and they look at the sky, too. Pikachu climbs on Ash's shoulder and they smile happily. The opening ends with a group shot of Professor Oak, Clair, Cilan, Ash, Iris, Alexa, Porter, and their Pokémon.
- Nurse Joy (both variants)
- Officer Jenny (both variants)
- Professor Oak
- Professor Juniper (BW123-BW134)
- Alexa (BW135-BW142)
- Pikachu (Ash's)
- Meowth (Team Rocket)
- Axew (Iris's)
- Bulbasaur (Ash's)
- Pansage (Cilan's)
- Pansear (Chili's)
- Panpour (Cress's)
- Rotom (Professor Oak's) (BW129-BW142)
- Mr. Mime (Delia's)
- Chansey (Nurse Joy's)
- Audino (Nurse Joy's)
- Growlithe (Officer Jenny's)
- Herdier (Officer Jenny's)
- Accelgor (Professor Juniper's) (BW123-BW134)
- Druddigon (Clair's; Shiny)
- Watchog (Mrs. Ripple's)
- Purrloin (Mrs. Ripple's)
- Helioptile (Alexa's) (BW135-BW142)
- Gogoat (Alexa's) (BW135-BW142)
- Noivern (Alexa's) (BW138-BW142)
- Metapod (multiple)
- Butterfree (multiple)
- Combee (multiple)
- Swablu (multiple)
- Altaria (multiple)
- Swanna (multiple)
- Zoroark (giant)
Opening animation spoilers
- BW123 - BW128: The original animation.
- BW129 - BW134: The animation is updated to include Professor Oak's Rotom.
- BW135 - BW137: Alexa, Gogoat and Helioptile replace Professor Juniper and Accelgor; they are also included in the final shot.
- BW138 - BW142: The animation is updated to include Alexa's Noivern.
|Sound effects at the beginning||✓|
Oak's Laboratory in the first variant
- The song was used as an opening during a span of 20 episodes, the shortest for any original song in the series (that is, without counting remixes of different songs).
- This is the only opening theme in Pokémon the Series: Black & White that is not sung by Rica Matsumoto.
|Japanese opening themes||
|This article is part of Project Music, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each Pokémon song, CD and musician.|