- Professor Oak's Trivia — The book opens with a series of trivia questions related to the Pokémon Diamond and Pearl video games.
- Meet the New Pokémon! — This section contains images and descriptions of all the new Pokémon introduced in Diamond and Pearl, including Shaymin and Arceus. The descriptions cover a wide variety of topics including notes on the Pokémon's origin, strategies for using the Pokémon in the video games and information on the Pokémon's appearances in the anime.
- A Look at the New Diamond & Pearl — This section introduces readers to Pokémon the Series: Diamond and Pearl of the anime.
- Meet the Bosses! — This section contains information and strategies for the eight Gym Leaders that appear in the Diamond and Pearl games.
- Pokémon Diamond & Pearl — This section provides an overview of the Diamond and Pearl games and details many of the new features introduced in Generation IV.
- Pokémon Diamond & Pearl Cheat Codes — Not truly cheat codes, this section provides more specialized information about the game. Some of the "cheat codes" are based in strategy and game mechanics, such as hatching Eggs quickly by keeping a Pokémon with Magma Armor or Flame Body in the party; while others just explain in-game features, like the GTS and polishing Badges. Some of the "cheats" explain how to exploit glitches, such as tweaking.
- Diamond & Pearl Rule Changes — This section details additions and changes to the Pokémon Trading Card Game as of the Diamond & Pearl expansion.
- Diamond & Pearl Trading Card Game — This section shows pictures of every card in the Diamond & Pearl expansion.
- Pokémon Price Guide — As the name suggests, this section contains Beckett's usual price guide for English and Japanese cards.
- Secrets of Evolution — This section contains strategies for some of the Stage 2 Pokémon introduced in the Diamond & Pearl expansion.
- Pokémon Diamond & Pearl Hot List — The final section of the book, this section details what the book's authors consider the ten most popular cards on the collectors' market at the time of this book's publication.
- In Arceus's description, the book details the Azure Flute event despite that it was never distributed anywhere in the world.
- On page 3 (Professor Oak's Trivia), Team Galactic is incorrectly named Team Galaxy, their Japanese name.
- On page 43, the Japanese names for the Gym Leaders and the locations they appear in are used instead of the English ones.
- On page 65 and 66, under the "cheat codes", the book claims that a Pokémon's catch rate can be affected by yelling "gotcha!" into the Nintendo DS's microphone or by pressing and holding the A button when the thrown Ball is "just above the Pokémon's head". Both of these claims are false.
- On page 68, Hearthome City is misspelled as "Hearthhome City".