Pokémon Super Deluxe Essential Handbook
|Pokémon Super Deluxe Essential Handbook|
|Published:||July 31, 2018|
|Author:||Cris Silvestri and Simcha Whitehill|
|Preceded By:||Pokémon Alola Region Handbook|
The Pokémon Super Deluxe Essential Handbook by Cris Silvestri and Simcha Whitehill is an edition of The Official Pokémon Handbook series that was published by Scholastic on July 31, 2018. It serves as a paper form of the National Pokédex for all 806 Pokémon known at the time in alphabetical order, excluding Zeraora, Meltan, and Melmetal, as well as alternate forms of Rotom, Deoxys, Vivillon, and Necrozma. The book is 496 pages long.
- SUPER DELUXE
- ESSENTIAL HANDBOOK
- If you want to catch 'em all, you gotta have this
- essential guide to the world of Pokémon.
- Your favorite characters from every known region
- are all inside this book! You'll find
- plus much, much more.
- The Super Deluxe Essential Handbook is
- jam-packed with all the facts and figures you need
- to become a Pokémon expert.
- It's your comprehensive guide
- to over 800 characters!
The entries for each Pokémon are in an easy-to-read page setup. A page may be devoted to one or two Pokémon. If a Pokémon has a Mega Evolution, it is listed immediately afterwards. Alolan Pokémon are listed after their Kantonian counterpart.
Each Pokémon has the following information below its name:
- Description (based on its Pokédex entry)
- How to say it
- Imperial Height
- Imperial Weight
- Metric Height
- Metric Weight
- Possible Moves (moves the Pokémon will learn by leveling up)
Image and other information
Each Pokémon has an anime-style picture on its page. Legendary, Mythical Pokémon and Ultra Beasts are labelled as such under the colored bar and there is a glow around the Pokémon.
At the very bottom of a Pokémon's entry is a diagram of its evolutionary family, including the Pokémon's Mega Evolution. Pokémon that do not evolve instead have the words "Does not evolve". A Pokémon that is on one side of a branched evolution will show itself, and the Pokémon it evolved from, but not the other side of the branch.
- Unown's exclamation and question mark forms are omitted, despite having existed years before the book was printed.
- This is the first handbook to include the Therian Formes of the Forces of Nature.
- Despite being mentioned in the back cover blurb, Z-Moves are not listed throughout the book.
- Dusknoir's region is listed as Hoenn instead of Sinnoh.
- Hoopa Unbound is listed as the "Mischief Pokémon" instead of the Djinn Pokémon.
- Mega Lopunny is listed as the "Caring Pokémon" instead of the Rabbit Pokémon.
- Vikavolt is listed as the "Levitate Pokémon" instead of the Stag Beetle Pokémon.
- Volcanion's learnset has only three moves: Steam Eruption, Flare Blitz, and Take Down, its level 1 moves.
- Cosplay Pikachu's region is listed as Kanto rather than Hoenn.
- Under Groudon's learnset, "Hammer Armor" is listed instead of Hammer Arm.
- Sawsbuck's Summer and Autumn forms have their labels switched.
- The included poster in the Barnes & Noble exclusive hardcover shows a picture of Mega Blastoise with Blastoise's name.
|This book article is part of Project Merchandise, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on all Pokémon toys, dolls, books, and collectible merchandise.|