Pokémon Essential Handbook
|Pokémon Essential Handbook|
|Published:||August 1, 2012|
|Preceded By:||Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version Handbook|
|Succeeded By:||Pokémon Kalos Region Handbook|
The Pokémon Essential Handbook by Cris Silvestri is an edition of The Official Pokémon Handbook series that was published by Scholastic on August 1, 2012. It serves as a paper form of the National Pokédex for all 646 Pokémon known at the time in alphabetical order. It is 366 pages long.
- Your comprehensive guide
- to over 640 Pokémon!
- Legendary Pokémon, Bug-types, Water-types, and every
- Pokémon in between. This book has got it all! It's jam-packed
- with insider info on your favorites from every region.
- So what are you waiting for?
- Let's begin your training!
The entries for each Pokémon are in an easy-to-read page setup. A page may be devoted to one or two Pokémon.
Each entry begins with the Pokémon's name and species name at the top on a colored bar. The bar's color only serves to group Pokémon with the same first letter in their names.
Each Pokémon has the following information below its name:
- Possible moves (moves the Pokémon will learn by leveling up)
- Height and weight
- Region it was first discovered in (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, or Unova)
Image and other information
At the very bottom of a Pokémon's entry is a diagram of its evolutionary family. Pokémon that do not evolve do not have an evolution chain. A Pokémon that is on one side of a branched evolution will show itself and the Pokémon it evolved from, but not the other side of the branch.
- Dragonair's height is listed as 31'01" instead of 13'01".
- Dusknoir's region is listed as Hoenn instead of Sinnoh.
- Giratina's Origin Forme is listed as 14'09" (like its Altered Forme) instead of 22'08".
- In Groudon's learnset, "Hammer Armor" is listed instead of Hammer Arm.
|This book article is part of Project Merchandise, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on all Pokémon toys, dolls, books, and collectible merchandise.|