- If you were looking for the Pokéstar Studios Trainer class with the same name, see Assistant (Trainer class).
Assistant (Japanese: 秘書 Secretary) is the fifth episode of Pokémon: Twilight Wings. It was first released on The Pokémon Company's official Japanese YouTube channel on June 5, 2020, and on The Pokémon Company International's official English YouTube channel and Pokémon TV on June 4, 2020.
There’s never a moment’s rest for Oleana as she solves problems big and small to keep Galar running smoothly. But sometimes a break puts everything back in perspective and reminds us why we do what we do.
In the present day, an office attendant calls for Oleana's attention. Oleana, now the vice-president of Macro Cosmos, takes the helm of the conglomerate and orders the workers to do their best. She, herself, gets to work with a full day of meetings across town. After attending to a final job late at night, she receives another call to attend to some urgent business back at the office. She makes her way over before being stopped by the Chairman, who offers her a lift back instead using a Flying Taxi. Inside the flying taxi, Chairman Rose takes the opportunity to check in on his vice-president. Oleana remarks that there is no outstanding work and everything is in order. Rose is impressed, remarking that it seems like Oleana could run the company on her own. Oleana replies that she couldn't though, as the Chairman also has his own work. Rose admits he is grateful for having Oleana as his assistant, to which she looks away and replies that it is her job after all.
The silence is interrupted by the Taxi Driver on the announcement speaker, who suggests they look at the stadium below. Inside, a battle is taking place between a Gigantamax Lapras versus Gigantamax Coalossal. The Taxi Driver incorrectly says that Dynamax is amazing, and Oleana quickly corrects him and explains the differences between the two phenomena. The information overload makes Chairman Rose smirk as he recalls the moment he first met Oleana. Sighing out of exhaustion, Oleana stops her explanation and concedes that she has had a very long day.
- Gordie (visual)
- Melony (visual)
- Ball Guy
- Scientists (flashback)
- Office Workers
- League Staff members
- Street performer
- Trubbish (Oleana's; flashback)
- Tsareena (Oleana's)
- Gastly (Allister's)
- Haunter (Allister's)
- Gengar (Allister's)
- Coalossal (Gordie's; Gigantamax)
- Lapras (Melony's; Gigantamax)
- Wobbuffet (Scientist's; flashback)
- Whimsicott (Office Worker's)
- Mr. Mime (Office Worker's; Galarian Form)
- Budew (Office Worker's)
- Sudowoodo (Office Worker's)
- Timburr (Workers')
- Gurdurr (Workers')
- Conkeldurr (Workers')
- Copperajah (Workers')
- Carkol (Workers')
- Mr. Rime (street performer's)
- Corviknight (Flying Taxi)
- Butterfree (Gigantamax; visual; flashback)
- Ponyta (Galarian Form; visual)
- Meowth (Galarian Form)
- On May 15, the official Japanese Pokémon Twitter account posted an apology that the episode, originally scheduled for release during that month, would be delayed to June 5, 2020, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In one scene, a League Staff member can be seen in a phone booth. In Pokémon Sword and Shield, the player, at one point, has to find a League Staff member hiding in a phone booth.
- This episode makes a couple of references to Sword and Shield pre-release material:
- During the montage of Oleana's day, she is seen showing a picture of a Galarian Ponyta in Glimwood Tangle, referencing the "Pokémon Live Camera" 24-hour live stream on October 4, 2019, in which Galarian Ponyta was officially revealed.
- One of the papers Oleana goes through close to the end of the episode features the pixelated and rotated image of Sirfetch'd that was used to tease people of its official reveal for several days before September 18, 2019. Rotom's appearance in this episode is also a reference to how the teaser page would play Rotom's cry when opened, implying data corruption.
- This marks the first time in any official canon when the Ball Guy has been seen maskless, although only from behind.
In other languages
|Mandarin||秘書 / 秘书|
|European Spanish||La asistente|
|This episode article is part of Project Anime, a Bulbapedia project that covers all aspects of the Pokémon anime.|