Special magnetic field
In the core series games
- In Sinnoh, Mt. Coronet contains a special magnetic field. Magneton and Nosepass may evolve anywhere in Mt. Coronet, including exterior areas, the Spear Pillar, and the Hall of Origin.
- In Unova, Chargestone Cave contains a special magnetic field. This magnetism is also evident by the cave's puzzle: the player must push stone fragments blocking some passages so they are attracted by larger magnetic rocks, making it possible to continue.
- In Kalos, Route 13 contains a special magnetic field that is produced by the nearby Kalos Power Plant. Despite the special magnetic field being produced by the Kalos Power Plant, Nosepass and Magneton will not evolve if leveled up inside the Power Plant.
- In HoennORAS, a special magnetic field is present in New Mauville.
- In Alola, a special magnetic field is present in Blush MountainUSUM and Vast Poni Canyon.
As there is no special magnetic field in Kanto or Johto, Magneton and Nosepass cannot evolve in HeartGold and SoulSilver, which means the only way to obtain Magnezone and Probopass is to receive them by trade.
In spin-off games
In Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Explorers of Darkness, Explorers of Sky, and Gates to Infinity, due to the way evolution works, Magneton and Nosepass evolve through the use of the Coronet Rock.
In the anime
In Cheers on Castaways Isle!, an island located in Diablo's Ocean contained a special magnetic field due to meteorites in the area. Several wild Nosepass and Probopass were seen inhabiting the island.
In That's Some Spicy Island Research!, Sophocles revealed that he wanted to evolve his Charjabug during his Pokémon School class's visit to Poni Island. Hearing this, the island's Nurse Joy suggested him to visit Vast Poni Canyon. In Evolving Research!, Sophocles visited the canyon, and his Charjabug successfully evolved into Vikavolt thanks to the canyon's special magnetic field.
In the manga
In the Pokémon Adventures manga
In Passing by Probopass and Maneuvering around Magnezone, Cyrus's Nosepass and Magneton evolved while inside Mt. Coronet.
In other languages
|This article is part of Project Locations, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on every location in the Pokémon world.|