A Moss Rock (Japanese: コケでおおわれたいわ moss-covered rock) is a moss-covered rock that enables Eevee to evolve into Leafeon.
In the core series games, if an Eevee is leveled up in an area containing a Moss Rock, it will evolve into Leafeon. Even if Eevee meets other evolutionary conditions when leveled up, the Moss Rock will still cause it to evolve into Leafeon rather than Espeon, Umbreon, or Sylveon.
In the core series games
- In Sinnoh, a Moss Rock is located in the southwestern section of the Eterna Forest, to the west of a formation of trees that resembles a sideways L. Eevee cannot evolve if the player is in the Old Chateau or the path that encompasses the outskirts of Eterna Forest.
- In Unova, a Moss Rock is located in the southwestern section of Pinwheel Forest.
- In Kalos, a Moss Rock is located on Route 20.
- In HoennORAS, a Moss Rock is located in the northeast of Petalburg Woods, behind a tree that can be cut.
- In Alola, a Moss Rock is located in the northern section of Lush Jungle, directly north and slightly east of where the player enters.
- In Hisui, Moss Rock (Japanese: 苔むした岩 Moss-covered Rock) is a distinct location within the Obsidian Fieldlands in the forest west of The Heartwood. It is not labeled on the map, and no Pokémon or items appear at this location.
There is no Moss Rock in Kanto, Johto, Galar, or Paldea. In Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, this means that Eevee cannot evolve into Leafeon at all—Leafeon can only be obtained by trading with Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.
Starting in Generation VIII, Eevee can also evolve into Leafeon using a Leaf Stone, even without a Moss Rock. This is the only way to evolve Eevee into Leafeon in Sword, Shield, Scarlet, and Violet. In Brilliant Diamond, Shining Pearl, and Pokémon Legends: Arceus, either the Moss Rock or a Leaf Stone can be used.
|This Section is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this Section to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: Legends: Arceus image
|Sprite in Generation IV||Model in Generation VI|
In spin-off games
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series
Due to the Moss Rock's absence in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time, Darkness and Sky, Eevee evolves into Leafeon through the use of the Mossy Rock. It evolves by the same method in Gates to Infinity.
In Pokémon Conquest, Eevee evolves into Leafeon when it is deployed in Greenleaf while it has a Defense stat of 94 or higher.
Because Pokémon GO uses real-world locations, being within range of a PokéStop outfitted with a Mossy Lure Module is required to induce evolution in Eevee.
In the manga
Diamond & Pearl chapter
A Moss Rock appeared in Ring Around the Roserade I. Diamond found one as he, Pearl, and Platinum traveled through Eterna Forest. Liking how cool the stone felt, Diamond, Lax, and Tru decided to take a nap on the Moss Rock, only for Pearl and Chatler to tell them to keep moving.
- The Moss Rock is absent from Eterna Forest in Pokémon Platinum's game intro cutscenes (the forest does not appear in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl's game intro).
In other languages
- Ice Rock
- Special magnetic field
- Mystery Dungeon evolutionary items → Mossy Rock
- Mossy Lure Module
- Leaf Stone
|This article is part of Project Locations, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on every location in the Pokémon world.|