Pokémon Red and Blue: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
|Red and Blue: Prima's Official Strategy Guide|
|Published:||October 14, 1998|
Red and Blue: Prima's Official Strategy Guide by Elizabeth Hollinger is a strategy guide published by Prima Games for Pokémon Red and Blue. Two guides were made for these games. One was published on October 14, 1998 and it featured Charizard on the cover; the other was published on June 2, 1999, and had Blastoise. Each guide offered a complete breakdown of Kanto, including all cities, towns, routes and caves. Locations for all 150 Pokémon were given including their respective skills and statistics. A list of moves, and all available TM and HM locations was also given. Also included were a list of where to find items, tips on how to beat the Gym Leaders and maps of every location. Both guides cover both Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue.
Do You Have What it Takes to Become the World's Greatest Pokémon Trainer?
- Complete breakdown of Pokémon Island, including all cities, towns, streets, and dungeons
- Locations, statistics, and skills of all 150 Pokémon
- Information on all Learned Skills, Technical Machines, and Hidden Machines
- Whereabouts of all items
- Tips for beating all eight Pokémon trainers
- Maps of every location
- On page 1, Weedle and Kakuna are misspelled as Beedle and Kukuna.
- On pages 16, 42, 45, 59 and 60, Flying-type Pokemon are called "Flight Pokemon".
- On page 18, Gyarados is misspelled as Gyrados.
- On pages 19, 32, 45, 47 and 53, Poison-type Pokemon are called "Poisonous Pokemon".
- On page 25, Farfetch'd is formatted as FarFetch'd.
- On pages 34 and 54, Fire-type Pokemon are called "Flame Pokemon".
- On page 42, the book references "Super Balls". This may be a mistranslation of Great Balls.
- On page 47, it is stated that Koga uses Poison and Psychic types. However, his team has zero Psychic type Pokemon.
- On page 58, Moltres is called Moltos.
- On page 59, Night Shade is incorrectly formatted as Nightshade.
- On page 72, artwork of Grimer is used on Muk's info section instead of Muk's illustration.
- On page 82, Selfdestruct is incorrectly formatted as Self Destruct.
- On page 84, Parlyz Heal is incorrectly formatted as Paralyz Heal.
- On page 85, the Elixer and Max Elixer are incorrectly formatted as Elixir and Max Elixir. As of Generation VI, this is no longer an error.
|This book-related article is a stub. You can help Bulbapedia by expanding it.|
|This book article is part of Project Merchandise, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on all Pokémon toys, dolls, books, and collectible merchandise.|