Pokémon 10th Anniversary Collector's Edition Complete Pokédex
|Pokémon 10th Anniversary Collector's Edition Complete Pokédex|
|Preceded By:||Pokémon Emerald: Prima's Official Strategy Guide|
|Succeeded By:||Pokémon Diamond and Pearl: Prima's Official Strategy Guide|
Pokémon 10th Anniversary Collector's Edition Complete Pokédex is a strategy guide published by Prima Games in September 2006. Released in commemoration of the Pokémon 10th Anniversary, this guide contains information for all games of Generation III: Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen, Pokémon Emerald, Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness.
10 Years of Pokémon ALL IN ONE GUIDE!
* The best ways to catch, breed, evolve and trade your Pokémon
* Gigantic Pokédex with complete stats for over 380 Pokémon, spanning all of the most recent games!
* Entirely updated Pokédex
* Huge appendix featuring detailed information on moves, HMs and TMs, berries, and more
Exclusive Artwork by Ken Sugimori
The first section of the book contains official artwork by Ken Sugimori which had not previously been released to North American audiences. This includes several illustrations from Pokémon FireRed & Pokémon LeafGreen: Super Music Collection's Japanese release and the famous "Encounter with Shiny Pokémon" illustration.
The Bare Essentials
This section contains an overview of the premise of the Pokémon core series. It explains and provides details on topics such as type effectiveness, information on where to find move tutors, instructions on how to obtain the National Pokédex in each game, evolution methods, different ways to search for wild Pokémon (fishing, Surfing, etc), breeding and Egg Groups, version-exclusive Pokémon, and information on which legendary Pokémon are obtainable in each game, including Colosseum and XD. Finally, it also includes an alphabetical list of all Pokémon which had been revealed so far, including Jirachi and Deoxys.
The majority of the book's content is found in the Pokédex section. As in previous strategy guides such as Pokémon Master Pokédex, this section provides detailed information on every one of the 386 Pokémon obtainable at the time of the book's release, including Jirachi and Deoxys.
Each Pokémon's entry includes basic information, approximate base stat totals, possible evolutionary methods, game locations in the five Generation III core series games as well as in Colosseum and XD, and learnsets by leveling up, move tutor, and Egg moves.
The final section of the book contains supplemental information, including a section for how to obtain special items and Pokémon in Emerald and XD, and an Appendix section, which has details on every TM and HM in the games, every Berry in the games, and every Move along with information on their in-battle effects.
- On pages 11 and 12, Qwilfish's name is misspelled as "Quilfish".
- Page 12 also misspells Snubbull's name as "Snubull".
- In the "Unique Pokémon" section on page 12, Groudon is incorrectly stated to be exclusive to Sapphire and Kyogre is stated to be exclusive to Ruby; it is actually the other way around.
- On page 66, Tyrogue is incorrectly stated to evolve into Hitmonlee if its Attack is lower than its Defense; it is actually the other way around. Tyrogue actually evolves into Hitmonchan if its Attack is lower than its Defense; this is correctly stated on the opposite page.
- On page 211, Professor Birch is misspelled as "Proffesor Birch".
- Page 212 incorrectly states that the Aguav Berry eliminates Sleep condition and confuses Pokémon that dislike its bitter flavor. It actually restores HP, like other Berries that may cause confusion.
|This book article is part of Project Merchandise, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on all Pokémon toys, dolls, books, and collectible merchandise.|