Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
|Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver: Prima's Official Strategy Guide|
|Published:||March 14, 2010|
|Author:||The Pokémon Company International|
|Preceded By:||Pokémon Platinum: Prima's Official Strategy Guide|
|Succeeded By:||Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Pokédex|
Haven't been to Johto in a while? Then welcome back, fearless Pokémon Trainer!
Pokémon turns back the clock to take you back to a land filled with excitement—the Johto region—in a brand-new adventure for the Nintendo DS! And this guide will start you out with:
- A detailed walkthrough that chronicles every Pokémon you'll meet, every Trainer you'll face, and every obstacle you'll need to overcome!
- A Johto-specific Pokédex that gives you the numbers on Pokémon you haven't seen in the wild for years!
- Detailed charts listing items, moves, Berries, strengths, weaknesses, and more, right at your fingertips!
Travel back to where it all began, but make sure to take this guide with you so you'll never get lost!
Bonus! Double-sided poster inside
The cover of the book features Ethan, Lyra, the Gym Leaders of Johto, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Ho-Oh, and Lugia. This book primarily covers the pre-Elite Four part of the game for HeartGold and SoulSilver.
The book includes:
- Full walkthrough with maps, covering each area with maps, screenshots, and text
- Details the game up to the defeat of the Pokémon League
- A Pokédex showing details for the Pokémon that can be found in the Johto region
- A mini-poster with the area map
- A guide to the Pokéathlon, Link Play, Pokéwalker, Safari Zone, and Adventure Data.
This book was released on March 14, 2010 and is ISBN 0307468038.
- On page 32, it states that Static can be activated by physical attacks; however, Static is activated by contact moves, not physical moves.
- On page 39, it states that the Shell Bell heals 1/8 of damage received; however, it heals 1/8 of damage inflicted by the holder.
- On page 135, Super Nerd Markus in Mt. Mortar is spelled as Super Nerd Marcus.
- On page 160, on a page about the Dragon's Den, it states "According to the Master and the other old men at the Shrine, Lance [...] is Clair's older brother. The two are siblings and related to the Master." However, while the Master does mention that he is Clair's grandfather, his and Clair's specific relation to Lance is not mentioned.
- On page 225 and page 341, Pamtre Berries are not listed as being obtainable in a Spin Trade.
- "Clair appears to have learned an invaluable lesson from you. I thank you as her grandfather." - Master (Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver)
- "Lance's grandfather is thought to be the elder of a famous clan of dragon masters." - Pokémon Journal (Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen)
- "From what I've heard, Lance has a cousin who's a Gym Leader somewhere far away." - Kid (Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen)
|This book article is part of Project Merchandise, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on all Pokémon toys, dolls, books, and collectible merchandise.|