Incineroar (Super Smash Bros.)
Incineroar in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Incineroar (Japanese: ガオガエン Gaogaen) is a playable character in the Super Smash Bros. series.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Incineroar is an unlockable character in Ultimate. It poses after landing attacks to show off, but the poses can easily be cancelled into guards and other attacks. Incineroar is among the slowest-moving characters, with its grounded mobility in particular being the absolute slowest in the game. In spite of its sluggish mobility and status as a super heavyweight, its frame data is surprisingly fast while its attacks are highly damaging, having low startup on several of its moves along with relatively low ending lag for their power. Additionally, Incineroar's moves have large hitboxes for a close range fighter of its mobility, which along with the speed and strength of its attacks, makes Incineroar an excellent boxer up close. Furthermore, it has a very powerful grab and throw game, possessing one of the best sets of throws out of the entire cast. This allows him to deal massive damage and apply constant pressure with few openings which alongside the high power of its moveset, allows it KO opponents rather easily. Being a Fire-type, it takes continuous damage while swimming, a trait it shares with Charizard, Inklings, and Sonic.
When Incineroar pulls off certain attacks, it'll pose for the crowd if it hits, or react in anger if it misses. These poses can be cancelled out to avoid being left open.
|Standard Special Move||Side Special Move||Up Special Move||Down Special Move||Final Smash|
Incineroar's Classic Mode route is called Burning Pro Wrestling Spirit! In this scenario, Incineroar fights other heavyweight characters in a tournament-style scenario. All rounds except the final and bonus round take place in the Boxing Ring.
Its last boss is Master Hand, who is joined by Crazy Hand if the player reaches the fight at intensity 7.0 or higher.
|3||Bowser Jr. x2
Morton and Ludwig
|Tag-team with Greninja|
|4||King K. Rool|
|Final||Master Hand and Crazy Hand||Tag-team with Greninja|
Smash Taunt information
- Pit: Ha! That tiger's on fire.
- Palutena: How astute of you, Pit. That's Incineroar. Before it evolved into this form, it was a cute little Litten. Incineroar is unpredictable, self-centered, and rambunctious. Although it's supposedly great with children.
- Viridi: It specializes in wrestling moves. Brute force is its M.O., but it's no slouch in the technical department either.
- Palutena: Incineroar is also a performer at heart, so when it lands a big attack, it likes to show off for the crowd.
- Pit: Now that you mention it, I do hear crowd cheers sometimes. It's almost like an audience is watching us fight.
- Palutena: Incineroar has an attack called Revenge that feels like it was inspired by pro wrestling. If Incineroar takes damage while Revenge is active, its body ignites, and its attacks become more powerful!
- Pit: If that happens, I'll just let everyone else fight Incineroar until it wears off. Then I'll swoop in and steal the KO!
- Viridi: Sure, if you wanna be THAT guy. Might as well edge guard while you're at it.
- Incineroar's original move, Alolan Whip, is based on the Irish whip, a move in professional wrestling.
- Unshō Ishizuka, the Japanese voice actor for Professor Oak, provided the Japanese voice for Incineroar in Ultimate before his unexpected death on August 13, 2018. Ishizuka recorded all of his voice clips for the game before his death.
- Incineroar was largely added in because Masahiro Sakurai had never done a wrestling fighter before, and also because, as Pokémon Sun and Moon were nearing release at the time Ultimate was nearing the end of development, a character from that game was reserved for the remaining spot so Sakurai could have at least one character from a more recent game included. Because of this, Incineroar is the only non-DLC character in Ultimate to not be part of the original draft for the game written on December 2015. Both Incineroar and Decidueye were considered for inclusion in Ultimate, but the latter was passed over in favor of Incineroar owing to Sakurai wanting a unique combat style based around a wrestler.
- All of Incineroar's moves are Physical attacks. This makes it the only Pokémon whose moves are all under one Damage category. While Ivysaur's Specials are also Physical, it uses Solar Beam for its Final Smash.
- For more information on this Pokémon's species, see Incineroar.
- ↑ https://nintendosoup.com/incineroar-was-voiced-by-the-now-deceased-professor-oak-voice-actor/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/AllSourceGaming/status/1062726902341746691
- ↑ https://www.sourcegaming.info/2018/12/12/sakurai-tells-more-details-about-smash-ultimates-development/
- ↑ https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2019-01-21-super-smash-bros-ultimate-nearly-featured-decidueye-instead-of-incineroar
- English reveal trailer for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Character trailer for Ultimate
- At SmashWiki