Something for you to know
One of the benefits as to why I make a trivia note with the Pokémon Adventures chapters of the recent Viz Mini-volumes is to list alternate volumes than what is seen in the template. Therefore in the future once the correct chapter numbers are identified and the numbers for the larger volumes as well, you could personally update that list to include the volume number of the Japanese mini-volume in any way you see fit. Thought this was the time to tell you about this plan. -Tyler53841 (talk) 02:41, 10 August 2017 (UTC)
When you recently uploaded an image about what you apparently presumed to be "Blue's Pumpkaboo", I was honestly shaking my head. That scene with Pumpkaboo had Diantha in it too, right? And wasn't the Pumkaboo right next to her? And, most notably, doesn't Diantha own a Gourgeist in the games? I thought it was pretty obvious that the Pumpkaboo was hers and not Blue's. Am I right, do you know something I don't, or am I right? --FinnishPokéFan92 (talk) 05:09, 16 August 2017 (UTC)
- Hi, just here to say that it was confirmed in the SPedia book in Blue's page under his pokemon.Animaltamer705:27, 16 August 2017 (UTC)
Voice actors having potential articles
Hi, I'm aware that you're part of Project Anime and although this is a question regarding voice actors, I'm wondering if you could help answer these questions as I think that the Project VA staff aren't active right now. The question is are these voice actors notable enough for their own pages due to some notable voice roles:
- Keiji Fujiwara? Played Mewtwo in SSB4 and Maxie of Team Magma
- Masataka Azuma? Played Roark in the anime who played a few roles outside of the gym battle
- Takuya Eguchi? Played Blue from Pokemon: The Origins who was one of the main characters
- Atsuko Enomoto? Played Solana who was very significant in the Pokemon Ranger episodes of the anime
- Minami Fuji? Played Trevor in the anime who appeared multiple times
- Hisao Egawa: Played the numerous Don Georges who appeared throughout the BW series
- Sho Hayami? Played Juan and Ghetsis(generations)
- Yurie Kobori? Played Shauna who was pretty significant
- Ken'yu Horiuchi? Played Cedric Juniper and the announcer in Battle Revolution.
- Anri Katsu? Played Tierno who was a recurring role in the XY series
- Shinji Kawada? Played Eusine who was prominent in the Legend of Thunder special
- Tokuyoshi Kawashima? Played a handful of roles, including Colress in generations and Lance in Pokemon: The Origin
- Rikiya Koyama? Notably played Giovanni within Generations as well as a handful of roles
- Kozo Mito? Played Conway who appeared multiple times during the DP anime
- Nana Mizuki? Played Victini who was prominent in M14
- Hitomi Nabatame? Notably played a handful of roles, including Clemont's Chespin who appeared frequently throughout the XY series
- Keiichi Nakagawa? Played Professor Kukui who appears a lot in the SM series
- Toru Nara? Played Flint of the Elite Four who appears frequently in the DP series
- Rintaro Nishi? Played Steven Stone who appeared once in AG but numerous times throughout XY series, including in specials
- Masako Nozawa? Played Morrison who appeared a lot in AG series
- Reiko Takashima? Played MEwtwo from the BW series who appears often, including in specials
Now that Epilogue has been confirmed as the official english title for the final round of the X and Y chapter and that it is already the official title for the final round of the Emerald chapter, do you want to consider converting the Epilogue redirect link into a disambiguation page instead? -Tyler53841 (talk) 03:04, 29 September 2017 (UTC)
In the english translation of PAXY38, it has been verified that the new official english name of Shauna's Skitty as "Kitty" unlike PAXY30 which was Neko. Since this is more literal translation and likely needs to be updated, I need some help updating the template on Shauna's page to reflect the name difference. Also the character profiles after the last chapter does verify the new nickname.
One last note is that X's Marisso is listed at LV. 49 (instead of 59) in the profiles. Odds are it is production error, but could you also check the original source since I do not have access to it. -Tyler53841 (talk) 16:58, 4 October 2017 (UTC)
Hi! Do you think you can update Template:Pokémon Infobox (specifically USUM dex) and Template:HeldItems to include USUM input, or pass it along to someone who could? I'm sure if they were updated lots would be glad to help fill out the missing USUM info. Thanks. Lanthanum (talk) 13:34, 26 January 2018 (UTC)
Maxie's Camerupt/Xerosic's Malamar
Pokemon Adventures Sun & Moon issue
Right now for the individual volume pages for the Japanese releases of the SM volumes, the volume list link at the top of the page reads it as List of Pocket Monsters Special Sun Moon volumes which is causing a red link. Right now the volume list page is titled as List of Pokémon Adventures SM volumes. Obviously it needs to moved, but if you do it, it will prevent a redirect from being created and that would be less messy so I wouldn't have to post a delete tag on the redirect. Besides that the Sun & Moon chapter page will also need this update. -Tyler53841 (talk) 02:41, 8 February 2018 (UTC)
It has been over a year since this has been asked so I was wondering if User:Rahl/Blake's Genesect now has enough to be considered for mainspacing? It has become a permanent member of Blake's team and has had a central role in the Swords of Justice and Keldemaru's plot.--Rahl (talk) 19:10, 25 February 2018 (UTC)
- I'm currently going through computer issues, so I can barely edit, let alone move pages. Heck, replying to this message wasn't easy. And even if could move the page, I'd prefer not to, as I'm still waiting to see if it'll receive a proper nickname. I'd rather not have to move it, only to have to move it again and presumably another time if VIZ changes its nickname. Ataro (talk) 16:42, 27 February 2018 (UTC)
Main Space Articles
Moon's Rotom Pokedex
Is the page User:Rahl/Moon's Rotom ready to be mainspaced? It is obviously an important character of the chapter and has enough information as of now for its own page.--Rahl (talk) 17:46, 3 April 2018 (UTC)
So I saw this on twitter and I am pretty sure it is saying that Reg used Icy Wind and Rock Slide in this image. Before adding anything though I want to make sure with you. []--Rahl (talk) 03:31, 7 April 2018 (UTC)
Due to the change in names my page User:Rahl/Dollar (Adventures) needs to be moved to reflect the change. I was wondering if the page could be mainspaced as well, as it is only going to get more information and now would be a good time with the naming switch.--Rahl (talk) 00:46, 6 May 2018 (UTC)
Hello Ataro. I was wondering if I could have my name changed to Incentive, so it matches my name on the boards. Thank you. Veralann (a.k.a. Incentive) 21:46, 17 May 2018 (UTC)
Hello Ataro. A little while ago, I was placed in abuse for editing my userpage too much. I understand that the mainspace should be my main priority here, and I have been working on contributing to it lately. I was wondering if I could be taken out of abuse now and allowed to edit my userpage. I will obey the userspace rules from now on. Thank you. Incentive (a.k.a. Veralann) 20:27, 20 May 2018 (UTC)
- From your own talk page:
:That's for the Editorial Board to decide. It's not going to magically come back and begging for it won't make it come back any quicker as well. Actually contribute to the site.--ForceFire 05:51, 16 May 2018 (UTC)
- Seriously though, I wouldn't expect it back for at least a year, minimum. But then again, I'm not a staff member. ¿¡Unowninator?! (talk) 20:40, 20 May 2018 (UTC)
- Veralann: The more you ask about getting your userspace rights back, the less likely that you will get it back. So please, let the staff decide for themselves. It may be a few months, a year, or if you're really unconstructive, not at all.
- For now, please find something to contribute to the wiki. We have a lot of incomplete articles and articles that need polishing. Berrenta (talk) 21:00, 20 May 2018 (UTC)
- Sorry, I guess I did ask too soon. I will just edit the mainspace and be patient. Incentive (a.k.a. Veralann) 22:33, 20 May 2018 (UTC)
Once you read my earlier response on my talk page, you'll know that there is one picture that still needs to be moved in response to the recent VIZ volume release for B2W2. -Tyler53841 (talk) 16:40, 13 July 2018 (UTC)
Mega Gengar's feet?
- Have you ever Mega-Evolved a Gengar, switched it out for another Pokemon, then switched it back in? It shows its feet (and no portal). A quick Google search will show you. And I didn't add it in because I am bad at describing things. Ataro (talk) 15:26, 11 October 2018 (UTC)
Chuang Yi names
Since Chuang Yi names are pretty much obsolete (CY doesn't exist anymore and SA sticks to Viz's naming conventions), don't you think (as the head of Manga) there's no need to list things like "Joey/Grant" or "Matt/Ark" in every character listing? I think we should restrict the usage of CY names to langtables, article headlines (in case of chapters) and a mention in the article in question. But listing them too often makes things only more confusing, in my opinion. At this point, CY names are just trivia material at best. --Maxim (talk) 11:26, 31 October 2018 (UTC)
Hey, I have made two pages with my username. They are named User:Seabiscuit2020/Sandbox/Aura trio (Adventures) and User:Seabiscuit2020/Sandbox/Light trio (Adventures) Feel free to edit them. Seabiscuit2020 (talk) 03:39 26 November 2018 (UTC)
Darkrai Mission Story
Is the Darkrai from Darkrai Mission Story: Pokemon Ranger Vatonage the same Darkrai as Sird's from Pokemon FireRed LeafGreen - Platinum? There's no indication of a Darkrai from Vatonage on the manga appearances page as well as the fact that Pokemon Adventures is canon with the Pokemon Ranger stories. Eeveelutionred (talk) 01:33, 5 December 2018 (UTC)
Well, to be honest, I thought it was Feint Attack at first, but then someone else thought it was Fake Out. I didn’t know who to believe and Japan move dialogues are a little complicated sometimes. I thought Subs have the right idea. And I didn’t mean to edit war. Just trying to help solve the situation. Someone else did the same thing and they didn’t do an explanation. Anyway, sorry if the editing went out of hand.--CoolPokéGuy (Talk) 20:54, 6 January 2019 (UTC)
Hello. I'm curious about this edit: diff
- We don't need to list each individual appearance, especially if the second appearance is immediately after the first one. Pokespe is plot-drive, meaning each chapter leads into the next. I prefer to list appearances only if there's a significant gap between them. Ataro (talk) 15:40, 12 February 2019 (UTC)
Pokemon Adventures Black 2 and White 2 update
This link:  confirms that the Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 manga is resuming, which apparently on hiatus for one year to work out an ending for it. Wanted to give you the heads up on it since the information on the Black 2 & White 2 chapter (Adventures) page needs to be updated. -Tyler53841 (talk) 00:15, 16 March 2019 (UTC)
Just wanted to notify you that Ultra Deep Sea and Lusamine's manga sections are incomplete and not updated with the newer info. There may be some other Sun and Moon related articles too with incomplete manga sections, but these are ones that come to mind right now. --FinnishPokéFan92 (talk) 11:22, 15 July 2019 (UTC)
Pokemon Special (Adventures) Sapphire's Pokedex Ownter Title
Hello, I saw on the staff listing that you were the head admin for the manga section, and I wanted to ask you something.
For a while now, Sapphire's Pokédex Owner Title was said to be "Conqueror", and I wanted to know why that was chosen when her Japanese title 極める者 is nowhere near the meaning of "conquering". It simply means "a person who follows through to the end" (極: extremity/end), which fits Sapphire given how her goal the entire time was to simply keep a promise made to young Ruby, aka, follow through on that promise. Her goal wasn't to "conquer" all the Gyms, but to just keep a promise. If just beating all the Gyms warrants such a title, it would be far better suited to Platinum or Black. Their titles are nowhere near "conquering" because that's not who they are. And that also applies to Sapphire.
To conquer is to dominate or be dominant, and the word for "conquer" would be 征服, or to attack (征伐) and force the opposition to surrender/serve (服從), and so the word for "conqueror" becomes 征服者. But that isn't Sapphire or her title. And if this "conquering" was the intent, then her title would at least have 覇 in it and be something like 覇める者 or something along those lines. After all, the translation of another title from history was translated to "Conqueror" and very much accurately, given the actual title 覇王.
I tried to edit Sapphire's title on the page to be something more accurate, something along the lines of "Pursuer", in that she pursued (followed through) her promise all the way to the end, but whenever I do, someone comes along and undoes my revision without asking for an explanation or anything. And so instead of explaining myself to each one and re-editing it over and over, I wanted to bring this up to an admin as it was suggested.
These are my thoughts on the matter, and I would greatly appreciate it if you can tell me your thoughts as well to sort this out, and maybe even see where "Conqueror" came from in the first place. Thank you.
- The word conquer means "to overcome something", not necessarily dominate. The title translations aren't fully meant to be 100% accurate translations, just give a close enough meaning that fits with the previously established Kanto and Johto title translations. It's fine as is. Ataro (talk) 12:57, 17 July 2019 (UTC)
- The word "conquer" CAN mean "to overcome", but that's not its primary definition. And the problem is that it's not close enough to the actual Japanese title either. Not to mention everyone reading it will immediately assume the primary definition of "conquer", which gives a very wrong impression of the character. And the Japanese title doesn't mean "to overcome", making "conqueror" still wrong anyways.
- Every Pokédex Owner Title thus far tries to use the primary definition of the word, that fits the context of the character, that also matches the meaning of the Japanese title. Everyone except Sapphire. "Conqueror" for her doesn't use the primary definition of "conquer" based on your response, it doesn't fit the context of her character, and it's not close to the Japanese title. It's like calling Black as "Imaginer" because "to dream can mean to hallucinate, or to imagine things".
- And shouldn't a translation fit more with the source material than anything else? I don't see how "Conqueror" fits more with the previously established titles than say, "Pursuer", especially if "Conqueror" here is meant more like "someone who overcomes". And shouldn't a site like this strive to keep the most accurate information as possible?The Hidden Type (talk) 14:01, 17 July 2019 (UTC)
- Admittedly, 極める is particularly tricky term to translate. On one hand, it could be translated as "Master" as the verb could refer to the perfection of a particular skill, but that would cause some confusion with Pokémon Master. I guess Conqueror came from a similar concept with the particular character having connotations of pushing through and reaching what's ultimate.
- On the other hand, the term used in the official website is 究める者, so that could refer to someone studying something thoroughly. Given that she does fieldwork with her professor father, that could be taken as Researcher. I'm not sure if there's any other sources that uses the other kanji.
- While 究 does mean "to research" (硏究員: researcher), 究 and 極 have the same theme, of pursuing something or following through to the end, since 究 breaks down into 穴 (hole) and 九 (nine, or end of the number system), so it's like digging until you reach the end. Also, 極 came from the PokéSpedia, I believe. Doesn't really matter, I suppose, since they both mean kind of the same thing?
- Either way, "Conqueror" still needs to be changed. Sure, "Pursuer" isn't exactly ideal, but "Conqueror" is worse, since right now it uses like the third definition of "conquer" that very loosely relates to a loose synonym of like the fourth definition of 極, that also ignores the character context. And while I believe that the titles stopped referring to skills after Johto since they're currently all over the place (like X), to match the other two Hoenn characters, Sapphire having a title that has something to do with her ability would be fine.
- Perhaps the best title for her is actually "Researcher"? The primary definition of "Researcher" matches the primary definition of one of the Japanese titles, fits her character context, given how she does fieldwork for her father and has spent tremendous amount of time during the 80 day challenge doing said fieldwork (off screen), and it even fits her skill sets, since she is quite proficient at doing field work. And it also helps clear up a common misconception of Sapphire, that she's a dumb violent girl who's hell-bent in battling and beating things.The Hidden Type (talk) 13:38, 18 July 2019 (UTC)
Kanga and Li'l Kanga Ability
I was reading through the XY chapter and in Charging After Electrike on page 7 X says that Kanga and Li'l Kanga are attacking in tandem, which is the description the anime has for Parental Bond. Based on the fact that we know it has that Ability, it was confirmed in the anime without naming it because, "The mother and child were explicitly seen attacking together, displaying a wholly unique game Ability", and similar wording, would it be safe to confirm it as Parental Bond?--Rahl (talk) 01:16, 19 July 2019 (UTC)