Art from Legends: Arceus
|Member of||Diamond Clan|
Sabi (Japanese: ワサビ Wasabi) is a warden tasked with watching over a special Braviary found in the Alabaster Icelands. She is a member of the Diamond Clan.
She bears some resemblance to Cheryl, wearing her green hair in twin braids instead of a single braid, but the relationship between the two, if any, is unknown.
In the core series
Sabi is a playful young girl, although she has a mysterious air to her, and she sometimes alludes to having clairvoyance.
She first meets the player after learning of Lord Avalugg's favorite food from Gaeric. She makes the player chase her and Braviary across the icelands until finally directing them to Snowpoint Temple. Once the player has solved all the puzzles within the temple, she battles the player to determine if they're strong enough to command Braviary. After being defeated, and besting Braviary itself, she grants the player access to use Braviary whenever summoned to fly across the landscape.
She later appears inside Snowpoint Temple with Adaman and aides the player in finding Regigigas.
Sabi sends all her Pokémon out against the player at once. Like all members of the Diamond Clan, Sabi does not keep her Pokémon partners in Poké Balls.
Electivire and Magmortar have effort level 4 in their Defense and Sp. Defense stats.
This rematch is available in version 1.1.0 after completing Request 102: Daybreak. Rhyperior has effort level 5 in all of its stats. Electivire and Magmortar have effort level 4 in their Defense and Sp. Defense stats.
In service to
As a warden, Sabi cares for a special Hisuian Braviary that acts as a Ride Pokémon to assist humans. At Snowpoint Temple, Sabi challenges the player to battle Braviary in order to prove themselves worthy of riding him.
Pokémon Legends: Arceus
- First meeting
- "My clairvoyance told me...that I'd lead you on a chase! Think you can reach me?"
- "Hello, my name's Sabi!"
- "Nice to meet you, <player>!"
- Regardless of choice: "I've heard about you. You're super talented, right? I bet you're gonna be fun to play with!"
- "I know why you're here, too!"
- "You want Braviary's help so you can quell Avalugg's frenzy, don't you?"
- "Well, you'll get it... if you can catch me first!"
- "Let's go, Braviary!"
- Alabaster Icelands - Whiteout Valley
- "You made it all the way up here in this cold!"
- "But the question is... did you catch me? Or did I let myself get caught? Hmmm?"
- "Oooh, and one more thing: am I even really clairvoyant?"
- Regardless of choice: "Hmm. No one but me could really know, right?"
- "Anyway, the challenge continues! The next stop of our merry chase is Snowpoint Temple!"
- "But the real question here is... am I really having fun playing with you? Or am I bored? Hmmm?"
- "Let's go, Braviary!"
- Alabaster Icelands - Snowpoint Temple
- Outside the temple
- "Hi again, <player>!"
- "It's nice having someone new out here to play with. Safety in numbers or something like that!"
- "Anyway, here's Snowpoint Temple! I've opened the front door for you. Just a little more chasing left for you to do!"
- "But the real question is... am I really having fun playing with you? Or am I bored? Hmmm?"
- Inside the temple, before battle
- "I guess I've been caught, so we're nearly done... That's no fun."
- "Hey, remember my clairvoyance? It showed me something else."
- "I saw you flying with Braviary. Do you think that'll come to pass?"
- Regardless of choice: "Well, however the future turns out... flying with Braviary isn't easy!"
- "If you really want to be able to fly high in the sky, prove to me you're strong enough!"
- "Gonna take us on?"
- Yep: "Now get ready, 'cause here come Rhyperior, Magmortar, and Electivire—all three of 'em! Go!"
- Hang on: "You got cold feet now? After chasing me all the way here?"
- After battle
- "Wow, you caught us AND you beat us. You've won all our games so far!"
- "But Braviary still wants to get to know you even better. Up to the roof we go!"
- On the roof of the temple
- "All right, Braviary! Why not test out <player>'s strength for yourself?"
- After defeating Braviary
- "Grr! I can't believe Braviary lost!"
- "But that's that. Thanks for playing with me. Guess I'll head home now. Byeee!"
- Regardless of choice: "I was kidding."
- "Play along with me on your flute!"
- During the player's conversation with Adaman
- "Sure. Having <player> to fly around with should be fun for Braviary."
- "How come you're playing all wise? I thought you weren't a big thinker, Adaman."
- "The question is... does listening to Adaman fascinate you? Or bore you to tears? Hmmm?"
- "Anyway, <player>... It's time for you to go soar with Braviary!"
- "If you jump from way up here, Braviary can take you gliding just about anywhere!"
- "Avalugg's Legacy is down there!"
- "Now go get a feel for flying with Braviary. When you're done soaring the skies and want to land, just ask him to dive!"
- Alabaster Icelands - Icepeak Arena
- After quelling Avalugg
- "Seeing you take on Avalugg was intense, even from up in the sky where I was watching!"
- Alabaster Icelands - Snowpoint Temple
- After receiving Mission 24
- "You're here to try and find the secrets lurking in Snowpoint Temple, aren't you? That's what my clairvoyance told me."
- "No matter what we do, this door just won't seem to open..."
- "It sure seems to be a Pokémon, but let's see what my clairvoyance has to say..."
- "Yup! Definitely a Pokémon! My clairvoyance showed me a vision of it in motion!"
- After catching Regigigas
- "I guess this is just part of your job with the Survey Corps, huh?"
- "What kind of Pokémon is the one you just caught, <player>? Hmmm? I can't wait to see in the Pokédex when it's done!"
- "See you, <player>! We should do another chase sometime!"
- Before battle (Regular Pokémon battle)
- "All right, <player>. It's time to show me how strong you are!"
- After being defeated (Regular Pokémon battle)
- "That was fun! See you next time!"
- Jubilife Village - Photography Studio
- "I flew all the way here from the Icelands just to take a photo with you, <player>! C'mon! Let's pose to our hearts' content!"
- Request 100 - "Massive Mass Outbreak in the Highlands"
- Coronet Highlands - Highlands Camp
- "And Mai!"
- Regardless of choice: "I hurried here 'cause of a vision my clairvoyance showed me! Some poor soul was running for their life from a bunch of alphas. I just barely saved them!"
- "Big packs of Pokémon might not be much trouble if you've got a trusty partner, but if you don't... Eeep! I'm scared just thinking about it!"
- "Thanks, Mai! If my clairvoyance shows me anyone else in trouble, I'll do my best to save them too! Just be careful while you're out here, OK?"
|Concept art from Legends: Arceus|
|Sabi and Braviary when taking photos with the player.|
In the TCG
This listing is of cards mentioning or featuring Sabi or her Pokémon in the Pokémon Trading Card Game.
|Other related cards|
Cards listed with a blue background are only legal to use in the current Expanded format.
Cards listed with a silver background are legal to use in both the current Standard and Expanded formats.
|Adaman||Su||Crown Zenith||GG57/GG70||VSTAR Universe||240/172|
- Sabi is the youngest warden.
- Her first line when meeting the player at Snowpoint Temple is "It's nice having someone new out here to play with. Safety in numbers or something like that!" The last sentence is similar to Cheryl's line when she encounters the player, "[...]I want to get through this forest, but I'm afraid of doing it alone. I've heard that there is a sinister group of people called Team Galactic about. I think there'd be safety in numbers."
|Japanese||ワサビ Wasabi||From 山葵 wasabi|
|English, German, French||Sabi||From wasabi|
|Spanish, Italian||Wasabi||From wasabi|
|Korean||사비 Sabi||Partial transcription of her Japanese name|
|Chinese (Mandarin)||山葵 Shānkuí||From 山葵 shānkuí / sāankwàih (wasabi)|
|Chinese (Cantonese)||山葵 Sāankwàih|
|Russian||Саби Sabi||Transcription of her English name|
|This game character article is part of Project CharacterDex, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each character found in the Pokémon games.|