|The contents of this article have been suggested to be merged into the page|
Please discuss it on the talk page for this article.
Cave tile is a type of tile in the Pokémon core series that is the habitat for many species of wild Pokémon. Upon entering a cave, the player is immediately at risk of encountering a wild Pokémon. It shares many common qualities with tall grass.
Like the name states, cave tiles are found in caves and some dungeons of the Pokémon world. It is always possible to run into a Pokémon while in a cave, whether it is lit or not.
Changes between generations
|This section is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this section to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: Images from XY
- Main article: Phenomenon → Dust cloud
Dust clouds were introduced in Generation V, a phenomenon likely caused by air currents passing through the cave. It occasionally appears in caves in the Unova region, and may reveal held items, Evolution stones, or wild Drilbur and Excadrill.
Pokémon Black and White
Pokémon Black and White 2
Certain moves have special effects when used in a battle on a cave tile.
- Secret Power
- In Generation III: has a 30% chance of causing the target to flinch and the appearance of Bite
- In Generation IV onwards: has a 30% chance of causing the target to flinch and the appearance of Rock Throw
- Nature Power
- In Generation III: turns into Shadow Ball
- In Generations IV and V: turns into Rock Slide
- In Generations VI and VII: turns into Power Gem
- Camouflage: makes the user Rock-type
|Special tiles in the Pokémon games|
|Cave tile • Hole • Ice tile • Ledge • Marsh tile • Puddle • Sand tile • Snow tile|
Spin tile • Soft soil • Tall grass • Trap • Warp tile • Water tile
|This game mechanic article is part of Project Games, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on the Pokémon games.|