|Chasing Memories, Creating Dreams!
Chasing Memories, Creating Dreams! (Japanese: グラジオとリーリエ！父の幻影を追って！！ Glazio and Lilie! Chasing a Father's Phantom!!) is the 127th episode of Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon, and the 1,066th episode of the Pokémon anime. It first aired in Japan on June 23, 2019 and in the United States on October 26, 2019.
Professor Kukui has finally realized his dream of establishing the Alola Pokémon League, and he’s excited to welcome everyone to the dedication of the brand-new Manalo Stadium. Much to the excitement of our heroes, he announces that the Champion of the Alola Pokémon League will be granted an exhibition battle with the Masked Royal. Ash and friends are fired up and eager to participate—and Lillie even pulls off her first Z-Move!
Meanwhile, Gladion sets out on a search…and eventually reunites with his father’s long-lost Zoroark! After learning that its partner is still alive, Zoroark agrees to join Gladion on his quest to find Professor Mohn!
At the Poni Breaker Coast, Gladion is challenging Hapu in a bid to win her grand trial. Hapu orders Golurk to use Flash Cannon, but Gladion's Z-Ring charges up first and Lycanroc uses Devastating Drake. The two attacks collide, resulting in Golurk's defeat. Hapu recalls Golurk and congratulates Gladion on his victory. He affirms that it was the final grand trial he needed to win. Hapu asks about his next step and Gladion admits there is one more thing he has to do before the Manalo Conference.
At Lillie's manor, Snowy stares at the inactive Magearna while Lillie continues to read her father's journals for clues. She learns his theories about Magearna's Soul-Heart being both its soul and its source of power. Just then, Hobbes announces that her friends have arrived. Lillie explains that she and the girls are going to practice their Z-Moves in the backyard, though Hobbes informs her that Ash and the other boys have also come over. Lillie arrives at a living room to greet her friends, and Lana admits that she invited the boys along for support. They are all keen to get started on training, but Lillie replies that she would like them all to meet a Pokémon first. She guides them to the hidden study room, introduces them to Magearna, and explains that it was a gift she received from her father when she was very young, though it has never moved. Rotom then draws everyone's attention over to Mohn's journal. Lillie declares that she has two goals to achieve before her father's return: to master a Z-Move and to reawaken Magearna.
Meanwhile, Professor Kukui gazes at the newly completed Manalo Stadium and is excited to see his childhood dream finally being realized. The Team Rocket trio is nearby, selling honey doughnuts to the gathering crowd. Later, Lusamine, Professor Burnet, Wicke, and Faba hop off their helicopter and reach the Manalo Stadium island.
Gladion and his Umbreon scour the Poni Island wilderness in search of Mohn's missing Zoroark, hoping to fulfill a promise he made to his mother. As they search, they feel as if they are being watched, even though they only see harmless Pokémon lingering about. At Lillie's place, Mallow attempts to perform a Z-Move with Tsareena, but it fails to even charge. Lana and Sophocles practice, and the pair is impressed when Primarina and Vikavolt use Sparkling Aria and Zap Cannon, respectively. Lillie becomes increasingly nervous, and even Ash's advice doesn't offer her much insight into performing a successful Z-Move.
The practice is put on hold when Hobbes calls the children back inside. The group and their Pokémon gather around the television and watch as Kukui officially unveils the Alola League and its home ground, the Manalo Stadium, to the public. Kukui declares that the League will be open to everyone and that the crowned Champion will participate in a special exhibition match against the Masked Royal afterwards. Ash, Lana, and Kiawe are excited to enter, and even Faba sets his sights on competing in order to battle against his idol. James also announces his intention to compete.
Meanwhile, Gladion's search for Zoroark continues. As he and Umbreon walk along a rocky beach, a Mandibuzz swoops in and uses Air Slash. Umbreon uses Dark Pulse to neutralize the attack, but Mandibuzz enters into a Brave Bird. Gladion calls for a Shadow Ball, which hits its mark and Mandibuzz promptly leaves. Umbreon is prepared to give chase, but Gladion orders it to focus on finding Zoroark. A Dewgong appears in the water and bounds onto the shore before transforming into a Buneary. Umbreon turns back to see if they are being followed, but the Buneary goes undetected as it hides behind a large rock.
Mallow’s practice continues to falter as she struggles to raise enough Z-Power to even attack. A sudden frost fills the air, and everyone realizes that it is Lillie surrounded in a light blue light. Lillie concentrates her inner strength as she thinks of her father's words. She utters the sacred words and performs the Z-Pose before the Z-Power is successfully passed onto Snowy. Under a shroud of blue light, Snowy unleashes a frosty Subzero Slammer. Lillie is thrilled, having finally succeeded in one of her goals as she hugs Snowy. She turns to Ash, admitting that she finally understands what he meant by the words "fwoosh" and "zap" earlier. Kiawe admits that Lillie is now off her provision Z-Ring license and suggests she inform Hala of her achievement. Unknowingly, Magearna is beginning to flicker slightly because of Lillie's swelling confidence and perfection of her Z-Move.
Overnight and by a bonfire, Gladion and Umbreon are struggling to stay awake. Some snarls disturb the pair, and soon a Lurantis appears before them. It stares intently at Gladion, who orders Umbreon to fire a Dark Pulse at it. The attack causes Lurantis to reveal its true form to actually be Mohn's long-lost Zoroark. Gladion steps forward to greet it, but Zoroark first shows him an illusion of Mohn and toddler Gladion helping Lusamine to comfort a crying baby Lillie. The touching family moment only affirms Zoroark's affections for Gladion and his family. Gladion reaches out his hand and pets Zoroark's cheek before nuzzling into its shoulder. Umbreon soon joins in, brushing itself up against Zoroark. Gladion informs Zoroark that Mohn is alive and requests its help with finding him. Zoroark promptly kneels down and bows its head to indicate that it wishes to assist.
- Gladion battles Hapu in the Poni Island grand trial and wins, clearing his final grand trial.
- The construction of Manalo Stadium is completed.
- Mallow and Tsareena try to perform Bloom Doom for the first time, but fail.
- Lana's Primarina masters Sparkling Aria, using the move for the first time onscreen in the process.
- Sophocles's Vikavolt is revealed to have learned Zap Cannon.
- Professor Kukui reveals that the winner of the Alola League will face the Masked Royal in an exhibition match.
- Lillie and Snowy successfully perform Subzero Slammer for the first time.
- Gladion finds Mohn's missing Zoroark and asks it to join him in his search for his father, which Zoroark agrees to.
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the timeline.
- Professor Kukui/The Masked Royal (the Masked Royal on a screen)
- Professor Burnet
- Mohn (illusion)
Who's That Pokémon?: Shiinotic (US and international), Zoroark (Japan)
- Pikachu (Ash's)
- Meowth (Team Rocket)
- Wobbuffet (Jessie's)
- Rotom (Rotom Pokédex)
- Rowlet (Ash's)
- Lycanroc (Ash's; Dusk Form)
- Torracat (Ash's)
- Meltan (Ash's)
- Primarina (Lana's)
- Eevee (Lana's; Sandy)
- Turtonator (Kiawe's)
- Marowak (Kiawe's; Alolan Form)
- Vulpix (Lillie's; Alolan Form; Snowy)
- Togedemaru (Sophocles's)
- Vikavolt (Sophocles's)
- Tsareena (Mallow's)
- Incineroar (Professor Kukui's; on a screen)
- Eevee (Gladion's; illusion)
- Umbreon (Gladion's)
- Lycanroc (Gladion's; Midnight Form)
- Zoroark (Gladion's; previously Mohn's)
- Golurk (Hapu's)
- Arbok (Trainer's)
- Minun (Trainer's)
- Gastrodon (Trainers'; ×2; one East Sea and one West Sea)
- Solrock (Trainer's)
- Shaymin (anime)
- Magearna (Shiny; anime)
- Fletchling (multiple)
- Koffing (fantasy; multiple)
- Poké Problem: The Pokémon which Gladion is searching for in this episode is...?
- Host: Professor Burnet
- Choices: Suicune, Entei, Zoroark, Raikou
- Answer: Zoroark
- The four Pokémon featured as choices in the above Poké Problem segment all played prominent roles in Zoroark: Master of Illusions.
- Ash, Kiawe, Sophocles, Mallow, Lillie, Rotom, and Lana narrate the preview for the next episode.
- This episode marks the first appearance of a number of Pokémon species in the main series after long absences:
- West Sea Gastrodon, who last appeared in Last Call — First Round!, 416 episodes ago.
- East Sea Gastrodon, who last appeared in Familiarity Breeds Strategy!, 404 episodes ago.
- Mandibuzz, who last appeared in Scraggy and the Demanding Gothita!, 354 episodes ago.
- Gladion reads the Who's That Pokémon? segment in the English dub.
- This is the first episode in the main series in which Minun appears, but Plusle doesn't.
- Gladion is seen recalling his Lycanroc into a standard Poké Ball, even though it has previously been shown to be housed in an Ultra Ball.
- In the Polish dub, "Niszczycielski Smok" is called "Niszczycielski Cios".
- The Japanese texts depicting Devastating Drake and Subzero Slammer's names are edited out in the English dub.
In other languages
|Dutch||Herinneringen najagen en dromen creëren!|
|Finnish||Jahtaamassa muistoja, luomassa unelmia!|
|German||Erinnerungen und Träume!|
|Hebrew||!רודפים אחר זכרונות, יוצרים חלומות|
|Italian||Creare sogni inseguendo i ricordi!|
|Korean||글라디오와 릴리에! 아버지의 환영을 좇아서!!|
|Polish||Dawne wspomnienia, nowe marzenia!|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Buscando lembranças, criando sonhos!|
|Russian||В погоне за прошлым и за мечтой!|
|Latin American Spanish||¡Persiguiendo recuerdos, creando sueños!|
|Turkish||Anıların peşinde hayalleri yaratmak!|
|This episode article is part of Project Anime, a Bulbapedia project that covers all aspects of the Pokémon anime.|