User talk:Force Fire/Trivia Policy/Species
Unique base stat totals
- So I add the trivia about unique BSTs on certain Pokémon, so is it notable, then add it. --Cinday123 (Talk) 04:29, 19 February 2014 (UTC)
- The unique base stat totals? They're notable, it should be with other trivias with uniqueness, so it's my request to add it. --Cinday123 (Talk) 06:18, 19 February 2014 (UTC)
- Ties aren't notable because it falls under the "more than one isn't notable" category. I'll add it, only because I was hoping the "Unique" dot point would've been obvious enough to tell users that ties aren't notable.--ForceFire 04:18, 15 March 2014 (UTC)
Unique Egg Groups
Height and Weight
I didn't see that this had changed and I'm aware I'm a year or more late, but is there a reason you changed the policy on ties to allow two-way ties? As far as I can see, this will just invite more clutter. I have to express my strong disagreement. Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 20:37, 26 February 2017 (UTC)
I think you should change
- Pokémon with similar traits to another. This is only valid if comparing to the entire Pokédex, not a specific group (such as Starter Pokémon) as they may be too small of a group to consider notable.
to something like
- Pokémon with similar traits to another. This is only valid if the traits are usually unique and if comparing to the entire Pokédex, not a specific group (such as Starter Pokémon) as they may be too small of a group to consider notable.
This way, you can disallow stuff like, "Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise, Psyduck, Golduck, Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Seel, Shellder, Krabby, Kingler, Horsea, Seadra, Goldeen, Seaking, Staryu, Magikarp, Vaporeon, Totodile, Croconaw, Feraligatr, Politoed, Remoraid, Octillery, Suicune, Mudkip, Wailmer, Wailord, Corphish, Feebas, Milotic, Clamperl, Huntail, Gorebyss, Luvdisc, Kyogre, Piplup, Prinplup, Buizel, Floatzel, Shellos, Finneon, Lumineon, Phione, Manaphy, Oshawott, Dewott, Samurott, Panpour, Simipour, Tympole, Basculin, Alomomola, Froakie, Frogadier, Clauncher, Clawitzer, Popplio, Brionne, Wishiwashi, and Pyukumuku are all Water type." sumwun (talk) 02:27, 22 February 2018 (UTC)
- I think that's an extreme counterexample, but if your goal is to allow shared category trivia and more clearly disallow other non-unique group trivia, a better solution is just to explicitly say shared categories are notable, rather than trying to dance around it. Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 05:12, 22 February 2018 (UTC)