|This article, along with several pictures in it, is incomplete and unsatisfactory.
Please feel free to help complete this article and replace the pictures to make them conform to Bulbapedia norms and conventions.
Scraggy is a character in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. His main service is deleting the player's moves and helping them remember previously forgotten ones at his shop, "Scraggy's Savvy Moves".
Scraggy is a wanted criminal from the west. He is first encountered when the player enters Post Town to give Gurdurr the gems they obtained. He bumps into them, quickly "apologizes", and runs away at breakneck pace. When the player discovers that the gems are gone, they later find out that Scraggy and Gurdurr were working together to scam the player.
Once Scraggy has been caught and defeated, he is forced by Quagsire to open up a shop in Pokémon Paradise. The shop is a Move Reminder shop that can teach Pokémon on the player's team moves learned by leveling up. Later, he apologizes to the player and their partner for all the mean things he did and said to them.
Even after he was caught and punished by Quagsire, Scraggy still maintains a slightly adverse and unwelcoming attitude; even while talking to the player within Quagsire's audial range, he will sound indifferent about his work and his customers, especially in his closing remarks. Early in his new job, he acts very hostile and chooses harsh words in conversation (causing Quagsire to turn and give him an evil eye, which straightens Scraggy up), showing that he is still very unhappy with the player and partner and yet forced to be nice against his will. Only after the player and their partner successfully saves the world does Scraggy finally apologize for everything that he said.
He also speaks in a very hip manner, using words like "yo" in his conversations at the shop with the player and partner.
- "I-I'm sorry! I'm just really in a hurry! P-please excuse me!"
- "Took ya long enough. I wanna get down to business, yo!"
- "Yeah, yeah... I've got what I promised you. Gettin' a little greedy, huh?"
- "Heh! Well, that's true enough. Course I could just go into Stony Cave myself and get some, but... ...Well, it does get pretty dicey in there. Having you lend your particular expertise to that problem is... ...just plain expedient. Ain't no other way about it."
- "What! You're gonna have 'em get you even more? Those little losers?!"
- "You serious?! Dude, you're cold! It's their dream to build their own home, ain't it? They're gonna keep believing in that dream and just keep bringing you gems forever? Never knowing it won't come true? Maaan, I think I could cry. Ain't you got any heart left?"
- "Well, you ain't wrong there. Nahahahahahahahahaha!!!"
- "You...you were tailing me? You mean you actually saw through my mad skills? I'm impressed, losers. But...watcha think you're gonna do now? You wanna fight? With the two of us? I'm warning you now, I've been tussling on the wrong side of the route my whole life. The Pokémon battles I've lived through...well, little squirts like you couldn't imagine. Id'd be best for you to just toddle off home to your mamas, you hear?"
- "My, my, my. And even after I went to the trouble of warning you losers..."
- "Fine, then. Why don't we just show you? We'll show you what a big mistake you're making! Let's roll!"
For more information on this Pokémon's species, see Scraggy.