|Pikachu and the Pokémon Music Squad
Pokémon: Pikachu and the Pokémon Music Squad (Japanese: ピカチュウとポケモンおんがくたい Pikachu and the Pokémon Band) is the 27th Pikachu short of the Pokémon anime. It debuted alongside Hoopa and the Clash of Ages. It became available to watch through Pokémon TV on December 21, 2015.
Pikachu and all its Pokémon friends are working on a musical performance, but their rehearsal keeps getting interrupted! Will they be ready to sing for the Berry Jubilee?
While Pikachu and friends are practicing singing together in a forest, Meowth and Chespin are sneakily climbing a tree to pick some Pecha Berries. However, just as Meowth is about to grab a berry, a Torchic intervenes and tackles him. Trevenant, Florges, Sudowoodo and Aromatisse notice the commotion, and Florges uses Psychic to levitate Meowth and Chespin off the tree. It stops using Psychic, causing Meowth and Chespin to suddenly fall. Jessie's Gourgeist and James's Inkay attempt to catch Meowth, but Meowth bumps off Gourgeist's head and falls on Pikachu. Pikachu becomes angry and fires a Thunderbolt on all the Pokémon present. However, Dedenne quickly calms Pikachu down.
Pikachu then declares everyone to sing, and all heartily agree. But before they do, Pancham and Chespin both try to attract Smoochum's attention, but their argument is swiftly ended by Braixen. As Pikachu starts singing, many Pokémon join. But before the song finishes, Hawlucha stops the song by yelling and placing its hands over its ears, and then runs away looking worried. Pikachu and friends run off after Hawlucha. When they find Hawlucha, Meowth asks Hawlucha what was wrong. Hawlucha responds despondently, with Meowth interpreting that Hawlucha was not good at singing. However, Meowth upsets Hawlucha further by telling him to start singing anyway because then they won't be able to eat any berries. At that moment, Luxray begins to sing and the other Pokémon join as well. Pikachu then throws a branch of wood at Hawlucha, which it breaks in two. With enough encouragement, Hawlucha tentatively begins to sing. With Hawlucha now enjoying itself, all the Pokémon sing and dance.
However, Chespin and Pancham begin to run around with their heads butting each other. As they begin to run faster and faster, the pace of the song becomes too fast. Eventually, the two run off into the forest until they slam into a Snorlax. This causes Snorlax to start tumbling down the hill, and Chespin and Pancham desperately try running on top of Snorlax to avoid falling off. Those who had followed the two see the rolling Snorlax and run away, excluding Pikachu. But soon Pikachu runs off too, seeing that it was futile to stop the rolling Snorlax by himself. Eventually, Snorlax catches up to Meowth, squashing him. As Snorlax reaches the end of the hill, with the aid of more Pokémon, they stop the descent of the Snorlax.
Soon, all the Pokémon start to sing and dance again. This time, all the Pokémon walk around the forest as they sing. At one point, Trevenant uses Psychic on all the trees in the forest, causing them to dance along with them. Just as they reach the Berry tree, Snorlax wakes and jumps, crashing onto the ground. Soon, many Pecha Berries drop from the tree, and all the Pokémon feast joyfully on the berries. Meowth decides to give another performance, and the Pokémon begins to sing again.
- Pikachu (Ash's)
- Meowth (Team Rocket)
- Wobbuffet (Jessie's)
- Dedenne (Clemont's)
- Frogadier (Ash's)
- Fletchinder (Ash's)
- Hawlucha (Ash's)
- Noibat (Ash's)
- Bunnelby (Clemont's)
- Chespin (Clemont's)
- Luxray (Clemont's)
- Braixen (Serena's)
- Pancham (Serena's)
- Gourgeist (Jessie's)
- Inkay (James's)
- Florges (Red Flower)
- Ledyba (multiple)
- Vivillon (multiple; Meadow Pattern)
- Marill (×4)
- Teddiursa (×4)
- Azumarill (×3)
- Flaaffy (×3)
- Hoopa (Confined)
- The evolution of Luxio, Fennekin, Pumpkaboo, the release of Goodra, and the capture of Noibat were first teased on the poster for this Pikachu short.
- The Pikachu short was released in Japan before the episode in which Jessie's Pumpkaboo evolved.
- The scene in which Pikachu and a Raichu race with their cheeks touched in Pikachu's Vacation is recreated by Pancham and Chespin.
- This is the first appearance of a Buneary that isn't Dawn's since its capture in Setting the World on Its Buneary!.
- Roaring All-Stars is sung and hummed by the Pokémon throughout the special. In the Japanese version, the extended version of this song is also used for the ending.
- The version of the Pikachu short used in Camp Pokémon cuts approximately a minute of footage: from where Torchic tackles Meowth to when Pikachu uses Thunderbolt (except for the narration while Florges uses Psychic) and an additional portion of the argument between Pancham and Chespin. This is likely due to the fighting in the cut footage being considered inappropriate for the app's intended audience.
- In the Japanese version, the narrator sings along with the Pokémon. In the English dub, the narrator does not sing.
In other languages
|German||Pokémon: Pikachu und die Pokémon-Musiktruppe|
|Italian||Pikachu e la banda musicale Pokémon|
|Korean||피카츄와 포켓몬 음악대|
|European Spanish||Pikachu y el escuadrón musical Pokémon|
|Ukrainian||Пікачу та Покемон Музичний Загін|
|This episode article is part of Project Anime, a Bulbapedia project that covers all aspects of the Pokémon anime.|