An item maniac (Japanese: 道具マニア item maniac) is a person who will purchase certain items from the player at a higher price than what they would be sold for to a Poké Mart. Some items can only be sold to item maniacs. They appeared in Generation V.
A Maid in a trailer on Route 5 will sniff out any gourmet cooking ingredients in the player's Bag and offer money for them.
For Berries, she offers different amounts depending on their relative rarity.
- Common: All Berries not listed below
- Uncommon: Razz, Bluk, Magost, Nanab, Wepear, Pinap, Cornn, Rabuta, Nomel, Spelon, Pamtre, Watmel, Durin, Belue
- Rare: Lansat, Starf, Enigma, Micle, Custap, Jaboca, Rowap
She gives the following amounts:
The prices she offers for Vending Machine drinks and Moomoo Milk are the same as what the player pays at Vending Machines and Driftveil Market, respectively. All offers are higher than the prices offered at a Poké Mart.
A Gentleman inside the Icirrus City Pokémon Center will offer to buy a variety of stones, gems, and other ore-based items from the player.
A man from the Riches's house, who is dressed as a Black Belt, appears in Undella Town. He will purchase Relic items and flutes from the player.
Rare Bone maniac
A shady man in a house on Route 18 will buy Rare Bones from the player.
In Black 2 and White 2, a Pokémon Breeder at the end of Mistralton City's runway will buy Mulch from the player.
- Unlike Poké Marts, item maniacs will only buy items one at a time, regardless of how many of the item the player has.
- In Pokémon Black and White, there is an oversight where the Ore Maniac will not recognize a Leaf Stone as an acceptable ore, although he will recognize all other Evolution stones as such.
In other languages