Matcha Gotcha (move)
シャカシャカほう Rustle-Rustle Cannon
Matcha Gotcha deals damage and restores the user's HP equal to up to half of the damage dealt. It also has a 20% chance of burning targets.
Matcha Gotcha hits both opponents in a Double Battle.
If the target has the Ability Liquid Ooze, the user will lose the amount of HP it would have gained instead.
If Matcha Gotcha is used in a Double Battle when one of the opponents has the ability Liquid Ooze, the user will take damage from that ability first, and then heal of HP from the other opponent.
If the user is holding a Big Root, the HP restored is increased by 30% (making the restored HP 65% of the damage dealt). Big Root does not increase the damage dealt.
Upon execution, Matcha Gotcha will thaw the user if frozen. Matcha Gotcha also thaws a frozen target hit by it.
By leveling up
|Bold indicates a Pokémon gains STAB from this move.
Italics indicates a Pokémon whose evolution or alternate form receives STAB from this move.
- Matcha Gotcha has several distinctions:
- It is the only Grass-type move that can inflict a burn.
- It is the only HP-draining move that has an additional effect.
- It is the only HP-draining move that can target all adjacent opponents without affecting allies.
- Despite its Japanese name containing ほう "cannon", it is not one of the ball and bomb moves.
In other languages
|This article is part of Project Moves and Abilities, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on two related aspects of the Pokémon games.