When used on Arceus, the Legend Plate changes it to the Normal type, like the Blank Plate.
In battle, Arceus gains the ability to change type when using Judgment, based on the selected opponent's type. While selecting a move, Judgment displays the type that it will become against the selected opponent, if used that turn. This is similar to Unown's signature move Hidden Power.
- Judgment will become a type that is super effective against the target, prioritizing any double weaknesses of dual-type targets.
- If multiple types are equally effective, Judgment will change to a type that best resists the target's primary type, prioritizing immunities, regardless of what the target's secondary type may be.
- For Palkia, since its primary type is Water, Judgment will always become Dragon-type. Although Fairy is immune to Palkia's secondary Dragon-type, it does not resist Water.
- For Giratina, since its primary type is Ghost, Judgment will always become Dark-type. Although Fairy is immune to Giratina's secondary Dragon-type, it does not resist Ghost.
- If multiple types are still equally valid, Judgment will change to the type that best resists the target's secondary type, if any.
- If multiple types are still equally valid, then one of them will be selected at random.
This calculation is done on each turn, so if there are multiple valid types, Judgment's type may vary between them each turn.
The Legend Plate can be read, and has the following engraving: "From all creations, over all creations, does the Original One watch over all."
||A stone tablet imbued with the essence of all creation. When used on a certain Pokémon, it allows that Pokémon to gain the power of every type there is.