| Grand Oak|
ダイオーキド Dai Okido
Image of Grand Oak from HOME
| Eye color
| Hair color
|| Pokémon HOME
Grand Oak (Japanese: ダイオーキド Dai Okido) is a Pokémon researcher and the developer of Pokémon HOME. Despite his name and appearance, his relationship to Professor Oak and his family is unknown.
In the games
Grand Oak greets the player when they start either version of Pokémon HOME, and asks for the player's assistance in completing a comprehensive National Pokédex. In the mobile version, he also gives the player a Hidden Ability Kanto Starter to bring into their Pokémon Sword or Shield game.
- Main article: List of game-based Pokémon distributions in Generation VIII → Mobile Version Kanto Starters
Grand Oak gives the player their choice of the following starter Pokémon when they start the mobile version of Pokémon HOME.
|| This section is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this section to add missing information and complete it.
- "Excellent! Access successful! Now, can you see me? ...Ah, it seems this is working! My name is Grand Oak. I'm a renowned Pokémon researcher! It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm the one who developed Pokémon HOME, which—as I'm sure you're aware—you're accessing right now. What a grand day to remember! oh, but look at me getting carried away. I haven't even given you a chance to introduce yourself! Please, tell me your name."
- "Ah... So your name is <player>! You see, my dream is to create an absolutely grand Pokédex by registering all the Pokémon that exist in the world! But if I'm being honest, I don't think I'm able to do it alone... And that's where you come in! Please, you must help me! You can fill the Pokédex by bringing Pokémon here to Pokémon HOME. Of course, I will do everything in my power to assist you as well! Pokémon HOME has some grand features that will help with gathering Pokémon! First and foremost, there's the trading functions! These let you trade Pokémon with users from all over the world! Additionally, you'll also be able to receive Pokémon as Mystery Gifts! Hah, I can see you're in awe of the grand features I've developed! ...What's that? You don't have a Pokédex? Well, in that case, I think I can give you one as a special gift! Choose the Pokémon you want!"
- "Are you happy with the <Pokédex category> Pokémon <Pokémon>?"
- "Brilliant! If you want to know more about the features of Pokémon HOME just ask Poké Boy. Poké Boy is waiting for you in your room, along with your Pokémon! Now then, I wish you the best of luck!"
|| ダイオーキド Dai Okido
|| From 大 dai (big) and オーキド博士 Dr. Ōkido (Professor Oak)
|| Grand Oak
|| From grand and Professor Oak
|| From giga- and Professor Eich (Professor Oak)
|| Gran Oak
|| From gran (grand) and Profesor Oak
|| Big Chen
|| From big and Professeur Chen (Professor Oak)
|| Maxi Oak
|| From maxi (large) and Professor Oak
|| 오대호 O Daeho
|| From 대 (大) dae (big) and 오용호 O Yongho (Professor Oak)
| Chinese (Mandarin)
|| 巨木博士 Jùmù Bóshì
|| From 巨大 jùdà / geuihdaaih (gigantic) and 大木博士 Dàmù Bóshì / Daaihmuhk Boksih (Professor Oak)
| Chinese (Cantonese)
|| 巨木博士 Geuihmuhk Boksih
| Brazilian Portuguese
|| Grand Carvalho
|| From grand and Professor Carvalho (Professor Oak)