| The Four Seasons of Sawsbuck!
| メブキジカ！ 春夏秋冬勢揃い！！|
Mebukijika! The Four Seasons Lineup!!
|| November 3, 2011
| United States
|| March 24, 2012
|| Team Kato
|| 冨岡淳広 Atsuhiro Tomioka
|| 吉村文宏 Fumihiro Yoshimura
| Assistant director
|| 吉村文宏 Fumihiro Yoshimura
| Animation director
|| 篠原隆 Takashi Shinohara
| Additional credits
The Four Seasons of Sawsbuck! (Japanese: メブキジカ！ 春夏秋冬勢揃い！！ Mebukijika! The Four Seasons Lineup!!) is the 54th episode of Pokémon the Series: Black & White, and the 711th episode of the Pokémon anime. It first aired in Japan on November 3, 2011 and in the United States on March 24, 2012.
Taking a break at a Pokémon Center on their way to Driftveil City, our heroes meet Robert, a young Pokémon Photographer who is thrilled about the opportunity to photograph Pikachu! He shows our heroes some of his other photos, plus a few his grandfather took. Iris and Cilan notice something amazing in the old photos—a single shot of four Sawsbuck, one from every season...together at the same time! Robert says he wants to find where that mysterious picture was taken, and our heroes offer to help.
Climbing a mountain, they spot a Deerling, which Robert knows might lead them to Sawsbuck. But when a thick fog rolls in, Ash and Robert are separated from the others. They decide to stop for the night after an unsuccessful search for the Deerling, who ran away when the fog appeared. The next morning, they are awakened by the same Deerling, who wants them to follow it.
As they walk, Robert accidentally disturbs a group of Amoonguss, who attack him with poison! Ash vows to get him off the mountain for some medicine, but as the fog rolls in once again, the Deerling returns, this time followed by a Sawsbuck. The two Pokémon lead Ash and Robert to the same hot spring where Robert’s grandfather took his photo—and where the four seasons of Sawsbuck have gathered once again! The warming light from the spring heals Robert immediately, and he manages to snap the photo he’s been seeking before the Sawsbuck disappear into the fog once again.
Ash and Robert are then reunited with Iris and Cilan, and are surprised to discover that the strange fog apparently affected time—while Ash and Robert spent the night on the mountain, Iris and Cilan insist they’ve only been looking for them for ten minutes!
Robert takes the opportunity to show off his prized Sawsbuck photo, and although the image is shrouded in fog and hard to see, he’s quite happy with the experience. Robert bids our heroes farewell, and their journey to Driftveil City continues!
In a Pokémon Center, Ash and his friends are taking a break when they are approached by a Pokémon photographer. After the photographer excitedly takes several pictures of Pikachu, he introduces himself as Robert and shows them several of his pictures. Robert then hands them an album containing his grandfather's old photographs, whereupon Cilan and Iris are startled by a picture depicting four Sawsbuck, one from each season - which is supposed to be impossible. Robert then tells them that his dream is to find the same location where his grandfather took the photo and be able to capture the same image himself, and he has deduced that the Sawsbuck are somewhere on the mountain near the Pokémon Center.
As Robert prepares to leave the Pokémon Center, he permits Ash and his friends to accompany him. At the foot of the mountain, Robert calls out his Swoobat to look for the special flowers while the rest of them search on foot. They follow a wild Deerling as it tries to run from them, but during the chase, they enter an area with thick fog and Robert, Ash, and Pikachu are separated from Cilan and Iris. Swoobat then returns with a flower, leading Robert and Ash to where the rest of the flowers are. However, two Amoonguss are on the side of the path and lure Pikachu over to the bushes, attempting to attack him. Fortunately, Robert pulls Pikachu out of harm's way just in time.
Suddenly, the Deerling from before arrives and Swoobat placates it with its special sound wave. Ash and Robert continue to follow the Deerling through the woods, and they come across a large tree that matches one of Robert's grandfather's Deerling photos. Although they are very close to finding the place where the Sawsbuck photo was taken, Robert points out that the sun is almost down and that they need to set up camp.
The next morning, Ash and Robert are woken up by the same Deerling that helped them the day before. Deerling tells them to follow it, and they are led to a clearing. However, Deerling is about to fall into the same Amoonguss trap that Pikachu nearly did. Diving forward to get Deerling out of the way, Robert is hit by Amoonguss's Poison Powder and has no Antidote in his bag. As they continue on, Ash carries a barely conscious Robert on his back and tries to leave the mountain, but they are caught in a very foggy area again. A summer Sawsbuck and Deerling approach the group and lead them to the spring depicted in Robert's grandfather's photograph. Then, the summer Sawsbuck is joined by three more Sawsbuck, one from each of the other three seasons. By this point, Robert is fully unconscious and is unaware of the Sawsbuck's presence. The spring's power cures his poisoning, however, and he wakes up to behold the four Sawsbuck standing across the spring from them. He quickly takes a photograph of them as they are leaving.
As Ash and Robert descend the mountain, they encounter Iris and Cilan, who are most relieved to see them. Although a full day has passed for Ash and Robert, only ten minutes have gone by for Iris and Cilan, and Robert's picture is too foggy and blurry to make out any definite shapes in it. Even so, both boys are delighted to have had the opportunity to meet the Sawsbuck.
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the timeline of events.
TV episode debuts
- Professor Oak's Pokémon Live Caster: Scrafty
- As I'm Lost ~By Your Side~, an instrumental of By Your Side ~Hikari's Theme~, is used as background music.
- As of this episode, Deerling and Sawsbuck regularly appear in their Summer form, though they have appeared earlier in the said form in White—Victini and Zekrom and Black—Victini and Reshiram.
- This is the first time since A Night in the Nacrene City Museum! that a Pokémon from a previous generation, other than Pikachu, Persian, or Meowth, have appeared in an episode. However, they were only in pictures.
- Due to the episodes about Team Rocket and Team Plasma's confrontation being delayed, this episode is the first one to feature a Liepard, although said Pokémon merely appears in a photograph.
- When Robert sees the Sawsbuck from the photo, music from Zoroark: Master of Illusions can be heard.
- In the scene after Robert introduces himself as a Pokémon photographer, Cilan's eyes have sclerae.
- When Robert shows Ash and his friends the photos of the Unova Pokémon, Herdier's cream fur near nose is half-colored brown.
- A photo shows a Swanna with legs that are colored white instead of black and a tail that is colored blue instead of white.
- When the two Amoonguss go to leave after being scanned with the Pokédex, the pupil in their left eyes disappear for a second.
- When Robert rolls on his back after being poisoned, the bottom of his right shoe is colored orange when it should be white.
Herdier's cream fur error
Swanna's legs and tail errors
Amoonguss missing its pupil
In other languages