Taylor began acting in school plays when she was five years old. Wanting to take her acting skills further, she went to The Catholic University of America, where she participated in plays and acting workshops and continued to build on her acting skills at Brandeis University. She has also trained in voice acting and singing. Her first anime job came when her acting coach recommended her to the director. With reference to the interview with Veronica Taylor on YouTube, she appears to be embarrassed to voice Ash in public or in front of the camera, by covering her mouth when doing Ash's voice. She also revealed that she had to deepen her voice and do warm-ups and cool-downs in the process of voicing Ash in 4Kids. She can also be heard narrating audiobooks for authors like Judy Blume, Mary Kay Andrews, Danielle Steel and Wendy Mass.
Taylor, as well as Maddie Blaustein, Rachael Lillis, Jim Malone, and Norman Grossfeld, among others, did a commentary for Celebi: The Voice of the Forest. During this, Veronica revealed that she was embarrassed to do the voice of a male character, yet she was delighted to be a part of such a successful show.
In the anime, Taylor voiced two of the main characters, Ash and May, and various other roles until the end of the eighth season, when Pokémon USA and TAJ Productions took over the dubbing and distribution of the anime. Her main roles were taken over by Sarah Natochenny (Ash and Delia) and Michele Knotz (May). She has not returned to provide voices in the anime since.
- Ash Ketchum (EP001-AG145, M01-M08, A Sneak Peek at Pokémon, Mewtwo Returns)
- Delia Ketchum (EP001-AG133)
- May (AG001-AG145, M06-M08)
- Cindy and Suzie (EP005)
- Gary's cheerleaders
- Erika's assistants
- Queen of the Mirage Kingdom
- Red (AG086)
- Under the Mistletoe
- It Takes Two
- I'm Giving Santa a Pikachu for Christmas
- Pokémon Christmas Bash
- Must Be Santa
- Christmas Medley
- Pokémon Puzzle League - Ash Ketchum
Other non-Pokémon roles
- Miyabi (Ninja Nonsense)
- Amelia Wil Tesla Seyruun (Slayers)
- Nico Robin, Bellemere, Young Sanji (4Kids dub of One Piece)
- Botan (Yu Yu Hakusho: Poltergeist Report)
- Yukino Miyazawa (His and Her Circumstances)
- Amy (Tama and Friends)
- Abby, Pexticide (Cubix)
- Alice Elliot (Shadow Hearts)
- Princess Diaspro (Winx Club) (4kids version)
- April O'Neil (2003 TMNT series & Turtles Forever)
- Clawdia (Fighting Foodons)
- Mamoru Amami (The King of Braves GaoGaiGar)
- Emeraldas (Harlock Saga)
- Himeko Himejima (Legend of Himiko)
- Looma, Diaspro (Winx Club: Video Game) (Season 1)
- Sheep (Word World)
- Sputnik, GamGam, various characters (Astroblast!)
- Narue Nanase (The World of Narue)
- Kisara, Kenta (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
- Ms. Dorothy (Yu-Gi-Oh! GX)
- Carly Carmine, Ancient Fairy Dragon, Martha (Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's)
- Silica (Kirby: Right Back at Ya!)
- Max Taylor, Mrs. Taylor (Dinosaur King)
- Galaxina (Sonic X)
- Jody Summer (F-Zero: GP Legend)
- Ms. Rosbe (Mew Mew Power)
- Fubuki (Arcade Gamer Fubuki)
- Tori (Tai Chi Chasers)
- Jimmy/Hikaru (uncredited) (Ape Escape 2)
- Cosmos* (Dissidia Final Fantasy, Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy)
- Lupay (Link: The Faces of Evil and Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon)
- Alice Elliot (Shadow Hearts)
- Leo Kliesen (Tekken series)
- Freya, Jayle, and Aelia (Valkyrie Profile)
- Setsuna Meioh/Sailor Pluto (Viz Media dub of Sailor Moon & Sailor Moon Crystal)
- Lyre (Jungle Emperor Leo)
- Mixie Bot (Fizzy's Lunch Lab)
- Romona (Chuck Vanderchuck's Something Something Explosion)
- The Spy from Apartment 8-I (Welcome to the Wayne)
- Flight Attendant, various characters (The Ollie & Moon Show)
- Brianne de Chateau/Ribrianne (Dragon Ball Super)
- Berryblue (Dragon Ball Super Broly)
- Akari (Aria)
- Micaiah (Fire Emblem Heroes)
- Manuela Casagranda (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
- Mimi Hetada (FLCL Alternative)
- She is one of the few 4Kids voice actors that did not leave the series before TPCi's takeover to leave the series permanently.
- Veronica Taylor was interviewed in the special 10th anniversary issue of Beckett Pokémon Unofficial Collector.
- Taylor's favorite Pokémon are Pikachu and Lapras.
- On the Adventures in Voice Acting DVD, Veronica Taylor stated that after recording her lines as Ash for the pilot, she was fired, saying that 4Kids wanted to hire a child instead. The idea was apparently rejected, since Veronica was rehired as Ash.
- Sentret's voice is the unique combination of Veronica's voice and her daughter's voice.
- In 2011, both she and Wayne Grayson would work together on Chuck Vanderchuck's Something Something Explosion exclusively for PBS Kids Go!. Grayson voices Chuck while Taylor voices Romona. Three years later, they would collaborate again. This time, it was Astroblast for Sprout and NBC. Taylor voices Sputnik while Grayson voices Comet.