Takao Unno (Japanese: 海野隆雄) is a graphic designer for Pokémon games since Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire. He is the art director for Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, who was responsible for the design of new female protagonist Lyra. He was appointed by Junichi Masuda as the director for Pokémon Black 2 and White 2.
He is also an illustrator for the Pokémon Trading Card Game since EX Deoxys expansion. His last illustration since many years was Team Rocket's Trickery from Undaunted expansion. For a complete list of cards that Unno illustrated, go here.
The following is a list of Pokémon designed by Takao Unno.
The following shows a list of official art drawn by Takao Unno.
|Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire Versions||Game Boy Advance||2002-11-21||Pokémon & Graphics Design|
|Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen Versions||Game Boy Advance||2004-01-29||Graphic Design Leader, Pokémon Designers|
|Pokémon Emerald Version||Game Boy Advance||2004-11-16||Graphic Design, Pokémon Design|
|Pokémon Colosseum||Nintendo GameCube||2003-11-21||Pokémon Characters Designed By|
|Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness||Nintendo GameCube||2005-08-04||Pokémon Characters Designed By|
|Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Versions||Nintendo DS||2006-09-28||Graphic Design Leader, Pokémon Designers & Graphic Designers|
|Pokémon Battle Revolution||Wii||2006-12-14||Pokémon Characters Designed By|
|Pokémon Platinum Version||Nintendo DS||2008-09-13||Pokémon Design & Graphic Design|
|Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions||Nintendo DS||2009-09-12||Art Director, Pokémon Design|
|Pokémon Black and White Versions||Nintendo DS||2010-09-18||Pokémon Character Design, 3-D Art Director, 3-D Graphics System Design|
|Pokémon Black and White Versions 2||Nintendo DS||2012-06-23||Director, Art Director, Pokémon Character Design, Digital Movie (Main Design), Nintendo 3DS Link Design|
|Pokémon X and Y||Nintendo 3DS||2013-10-12||3-D Art Director, Pokémon Characters Design, Pokémon Design Coordination|
|Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire||Nintendo 3DS||2014-11-21||Pokémon Characters Design|
|Pokémon Sun and Moon||Nintendo 3DS||2016-11-18||Graphics Director, Pokémon Characters Design, Concept|
|Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon||Nintendo 3DS||2017-11-17||Pokémon Model Creation Coordinator|
|Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee!||Nintendo Switch||2018-11-16||Graphics Section Director|
|Pokémon Sword and Shield||Nintendo Switch||2019-11-15||VFX • UI Section Director, Pokémon Design|
|Pokémon Legends: Arceus||Nintendo Switch||2022-01-28||3D Graphics Director, Pokémon Production Lead, Pokémon 3D Modeling & Motion Design Lead, Concept Art, Pokémon & Human Designs, Delivery Review Lead|
|Pokémon Scarlet and Violet||Nintendo Switch||2022-11-18||Pokémon 3D Visual & VFX Section Director, Pokémon & Character Design|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 GAME FREAK Illustration Demonstration: Episode One [Ken Sugimori x Pulseman] - YouTube
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Tweet by @TakaoUnno. Posted on Oct 4, 2013.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Creator profile on Takao Unno in the Pokémon Trading Card Game Illustration Collection, p. 182: "He has created the designs for Garchomp, Croagunk, Arceus and others." (archive)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Nintendo Dream Vol. 201, January 2011 (Translation by Dr. Lava)
- ↑ GAME FREAK Illustration Demonstration: Episode Two [James Turner x HarmoKnight] - YouTube
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Nintendo Dream Vol. 205, May 2011 (Shellspider's blog, Translation by Dr. Lava)
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Nintendo Dream Vol. 204, April 2011 (Shellspider's blog, Translation by Dr. Lava)
- ↑ https://youtu.be/JVRH2jL6-5U?t=474