Nob Ogasawara is a freelance translator. He is most famous for translating the text of every game in the core series up until Pokémon Platinum. In September of 2008, it was discovered he would no longer be the translator for Pokémon titles.
Pokémon game credits
- Pokémon Red and Blue
- Pokémon Yellow
- Pokémon Gold and Silver
- Pokémon Crystal
- Pokémon Stadium 2
- Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire
- Pokémon Channel
- Pokémon Colosseum
- Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen
- Pokémon Emerald
- Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness
- Pokémon Trozei!
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team
- Pokémon Ranger
- Pokémon Diamond and Pearl
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Explorers of Darkness
- Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
- Pokémon Platinum
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
- In Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire there are Black Belts named Nob, likely after Ogasawara.
- Nob is a known member of the Something Awful forums with the username of Douglas Dinsdale.
- The English names of Hoppip, Skiploom, and Jumpluff were created by Nob. He also suggested the names "Phantomb" and "Scaribou" for Spiritomb and Stantler respectively.
- The Game Boy Pocket used by Nob Ogasawara was auctioned off in a charity auction for The Speed Gamers June 2014 Pokémon marathon. The auction was won by Bulbagarden webmaster Archaic.