Light of Ruin inflicts damage, and the user receives recoil damage equal to ½ of the damage done to the target.
| Drawing power from the Eternal Flower, the user fires a powerful beam of light. This also damages the user quite a lot.
|| Egg Groups
|Bold indicates a Pokémon gains STAB from this move.|
Italics indicates a Pokémon whose evolution or alternate form receives STAB from this move.
In other generations
- Despite its description, Light of Ruin has half of recoil damage dealt.
- In the room service of Hotel Richissime, there is a food style option which is named after a move where Light of Ruin is mentioned.
- Light of Ruin has the highest base power of all Fairy-type moves, excluding Z-Moves.
- A Twinkle Tackle based on Light of Ruin has the highest base power of all Fairy-type moves.
- Excluding Volt Tackle in Generation III, Light of Ruin is the only special move that causes recoil damage.
- It is also the only Fairy-type move that causes recoil damage.
In other languages